• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Video: Paul Elio Presents To The Sec

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where in Eastern Or is the speed limit 80?
The engine is a completely new design; it does have 12:1 compression, long stroke. Will it handle a turbo? Unknown, that's why it's undevelopement.
I think you'll be surprised what 0 to 60 in 9.6 seconds feels like, plus, if you are doing long stretch road, a turbo isn't need to keep you at that speed.
Top end is figured to be 100 but they have had it up to 108.

And if you have a reservation number in the 2300's, when did you put your $1K down on the Elio?
Currently 0-60 is about 10.2 seconds. Not 9.6. But let's see what the E1-C can do.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Currently 0-60 is about 10.2 seconds. Not 9.6. But let's see what the E1-C can do.
Is that after the re-gearing that they did? It used to be 9.6 before they started playing with the gearing.
I know they were trying to get revs down to help mileage.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is that after the re-gearing that they did? It used to be 9.6 before they started playing with the gearing.
I know they were trying to get revs down to help mileage.
I don't have the answet to that. but the current value is over 10, and that was prior to starting to work with the tranny people. I know they're trying to tweak every mile per gallon out of the car, but at some point they have to have adequate get up and go to make it safely onto the highway. It's possible that an engine computer tune may affect the final values.

I'm sure you know that engineering is chock-full of this kind of problem. There's no free lunch when it comes to the laws of physics.

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Didn't anyone notice this:
Bullet point in Corporate Presentation Nov 2016...
+Plan to sell 100 pre-production vehicles in Q3 2017

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't anyone notice this:
Bullet point in Corporate Presentation Nov 2016...
+Plan to sell 100 pre-production vehicles in Q3 2017
I saw it, did know if he meant; sell them to the fleet people; or sell them as in lease them to the fleet people; or sell them because we got them back from testing by the fleet people.
Strange that it never talked about when those 100 pre-production would be built.

NorTracNY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As mentioned in the other threads. Yes, that was the biggest news from the presentation. I believe that it was the reason for the large stock drop. The company failed to meet it's stated objective.

Paul also would not answer how long production would begin after he received the necessary funding. This would have told us when the funding is needed before we know the stated production timelines are going to be missed. Paul made a statement in Shreveport that any delays would now be weeks, not months. Without funding, I don't know how he can make this claim.

Top Bottom