• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Vw Scooter

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Taz, it's only a 1L motor, a single mikuni carb off an entry level 883 sportster would be more than enough, but if you want to split the intake runners out for more power and better throttle response you'll have to tune using alpha-n(to eliminate the maf) and run independent throttle bodies(to replace the throttle by wire). While were at it may as well add a nitrous system. . . :D

new_stacks5-625x415.jpg

I always ask customers: Speed costs money, how fast does your wallet want to go?:cool:
The only part of that I caught was 'Taz, it's only a 1L motor', after that you lost me. My wallet want go in for this 'nitrous' stuff, I think I'll keep it Stock. I guess I walked into that, but Thanks for the info anyway.
Dam, I thought it was a simple Q, 3 Divide by 2 was 1.5., must be that 'New Math'.

Tom W.

Elio Fan
Reaction score

I saw the Volkswagon Scooter featured in a magazine back in 1986 and it knocked my socks off. Sadly, it remained a concept car despite my very articulate and passionately worded letter to Volkswagon begging them to put it into production.

A relevant article

Years ago when I was a kid, my uncles had converted some 3 wheeled Isettas into ice planes (car bodies fitted with ski rails and huge engine driven fans mounted on the back; think snowmobiles for frozen lakes). They had a left over Isetta in the barn which I used as a clubhouse (and rocket, and pirate ship and fort, etc).

Ever since then I've wanted a 3 wheeled car and I thought this Volkswagon Scooter was going to be my chance. Sadly, no.

Now the Elio is going to fulfill that dream.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I saw the Volkswagon Scooter featured in a magazine back in 1986 and it knocked my socks off. Sadly, it remained a concept car despite my very articulate and passionately worded letter to Volkswagon begging them to put it into production.

A relevant article

Years ago when I was a kid, my uncles had converted some 3 wheeled Isettas into ice planes (car bodies fitted with ski rails and huge engine driven fans mounted on the back; think snowmobiles for frozen lakes). They had a left over Isetta in the barn which I used as a clubhouse (and rocket, and pirate ship and fort, etc).

Ever since then I've wanted a 3 wheeled car and I thought this Volkswagon Scooter was going to be my chance. Sadly, no.

Now the Elio is going to fulfill that dream.
Like maybe this Skooter?

Tom W.

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Like maybe this Skooter?

That's the one! I loved the gull wing doors. (I agree; very funny when the strap is pulled off).

I just hope the Elio is equally capable in the snow as the VW Scooter was in this video. We have about 5.5 months of snow potentialed weather here in New England. I want to drive my Elio all year long.

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Attachments

• elio-motors-trunk.jpg
    elio-motors-trunk.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,220
Top Bottom