• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Vw Scooter

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm guessing that it was front wheel drive. I doubt it could drive like that in the snow with rear wheel drive.
I don't know Dutch, but it is close enough to german for me to get the idea of what is being said. it has a 1.4 ltr engine, air conditioned and was shown at the Geneva and Amsterdam car shows. I"ll have to listen to the video a couple more times to get a full translation..

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Scooter , rough translation:
this is the scooter from VW, first seen 4 years ago at the Geneva auto salon, as an "other" type car as a remarkable phenomenon...
the motor is not a scooter engine as you might imagine, but a highly developed engine by messershmitt, and is is built centrally ( mainly?) like an actual car.
VW developed a car that looks like a nacelle car on the inside and it's a three wheeler. (parts eliminated because not relevant to the subject) it's rare
that experimental cars are developed into road cars..
.. it's 3 meters 20 in length,it looks, with it's gull wings removed, like a comfortable air conditioned car.. top speed 220 km/h and with it's smallest
1.4 ltr engine it uses 1 ltr to 60 km of gas..as you can see it's very stable. if this car went into production today, nobody would..(no translation, i think they meant something like "joke about it").
made by Vw.. .. it's one model that's ... it's designed for you, and .... design that you can see in Amsterdam..

if anyone out there speaks dutch , please replace my translation, I know it's rough .

on a side note; I have never seen a video of an Elio in a slalom course at even medium speed

Top Bottom