• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Waiting

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that working out the "big kinks" is what the 25 engineering vehicles are for :)

Unfortunately they are not being made on the Shreveport assembly line, so major difference in how they are being produced. Production kinks were the ones I was thinking of, not engineering kinks. Those I would hope would be ironed out with the E-series, like high speed instability or anything of that nature.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately they are not being made on the Shreveport assembly line, so major difference in how they are being produced. Production kinks were the ones I was thinking of, not engineering kinks. Those I would hope would be ironed out with the E-series, like high speed instability or anything of that nature.

True, not the Shreevesport assembly line, but they will be built on a mock-assembly line with the specific purpose of getting the process down pat. A large part of the expense of the E-vehicles is the production-line tooling that they are prepping. After the E cars are done, that machinery is gonna be replicated and installed in Shreevesport :)

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last 8 years .... Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ..... but not ready yet....isn't that too long?

Frame and engine mount designs for manufacture-ability have been completed and sent out to the partner companies. At this point, the 25 test vehicles will be assembled starting around Mid March, which keeps us on-track for Q4 2016.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
"Like" X 5
It was a rhetorical question.

<"Rhetorical question
A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question that is asked to make a point rather than to elicit an answer.[1] Though classically stated as a proper question, such a rhetorical device may be posed declaratively[citation needed] by implying a question, and therefore may not always require a question mark when written. Though a rhetorical question does not require a direct answer, in many cases it may be intended to start a discussion or at least draw an acknowledgement that the listener understands the intended message.">

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It was a rhetorical question.

<"Rhetorical question
A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question that is asked to make a point rather than to elicit an answer.[1] Though classically stated as a proper question, such a rhetorical device may be posed declaratively[citation needed] by implying a question, and therefore may not always require a question mark when written. Though a rhetorical question does not require a direct answer, in many cases it may be intended to start a discussion or at least draw an acknowledgement that the listener understands the intended message.">

I took that as meaning he wanted to be able to "Like" the post 5 times instead of the one time allowed by the forums. And not meant as: "Like totally take 5 times longer, man."

Top Bottom