• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Want More Elio Excitement - Try Being Friendly

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I almost didn't join this site because of one very negative attack post I read. After reading JN2Wheels I decided it is worth a try. Thank you for your comments.

Anytime you see comments like that please report them to me by clicking the "report" link under their post. I'm trying to keep a nice and friendly site but can't see everything mysef.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anytime you see comments like that please report them to me by clicking the "report" link under their post. I'm trying to keep a nice and friendly site but can't see everything mysef.
I wasn't a member when I read it but I will definitely keep that in mind. Thank you. I am slowly but surely figuring out how to work within the system. :-)

ajetmech

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been involved in a lot of enthusiast forums over the years, even created and administered one. I must say, there is a core group on this forum that competes to jump on anything that resembles a suggestion or criticism outside of their view of what the Elio should be. Rudeness is plentiful. My way, or get out of the way. If you guys truly want to spread the Elio word, try being welcoming and friendly to all comers. Instead of writing nasty replies to legitimate concerns/questions, try stepping outside of your comfort zone and don't hit that submit button. Personally, I truly hope the Elio makes it. No doubt, once its out, this forum will abound with the excitement and versatility of this fun/commuter/car/motorcycle/tourer/trike thing as new owners make it their own. Until then, lets all try not to fill the vacuum with nasty. /soapbox
Well said JN2Wheels

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been on many different sites, also helped manage one for a time. Lets also remember it goes both ways. It can be very easy for someone to be offended because they misread a post. The lack of inflection, tone, or gestures relies on the reader to properly interpret what they are reading. I've seen some huge blow-ups and closed threads over the years at other places simply because someone forgot an ;) or :D. I know from personal experience my direct tone comes off as offputting to some, but it's just the way I write. I don't mean anything by it. :p

Remember, if in doubt about what someone says, either ignore it if it does not pertain to you or simply ask a simple, respectful clarifying question. IMO it's always better to clear the air and have both parties end with a :) rather than shut down a post or poster, or go to bed angry.

Thanks for allowing me to weigh in.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been on many different sites, also helped manage one for a time. Lets also remember it goes both ways. It can be very easy for someone to be offended because they misread a post. The lack of inflection, tone, or gestures relies on the reader to properly interpret what they are reading. I've seen some huge blow-ups and closed threads over the years at other places simply because someone forgot an ;) or :D. I know from personal experience my direct tone comes off as offputting to some, but it's just the way I write. I don't mean anything by it. :p

Remember, if in doubt about what someone says, either ignore it if it does not pertain to you or simply ask a simple, respectful clarifying question. IMO it's always better to clear the air and have both parties end with a :) rather than shut down a post or poster, or go to bed angry.

Thanks for allowing me to weigh in.
Sorry, I meant to click on like and hit reply instead. Will someone let me know if there is a way to delete this? Thanks Z

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been involved in a lot of enthusiast forums over the years, even created and administered one. I must say, there is a core group on this forum that competes to jump on anything that resembles a suggestion or criticism outside of their view of what the Elio should be. Rudeness is plentiful. My way, or get out of the way. If you guys truly want to spread the Elio word, try being welcoming and friendly to all comers. Instead of writing nasty replies to legitimate concerns/questions, try stepping outside of your comfort zone and don't hit that submit button. Personally, I truly hope the Elio makes it. No doubt, once its out, this forum will abound with the excitement and versatility of this fun/commuter/car/motorcycle/tourer/trike thing as new owners make it their own. Until then, lets all try not to fill the vacuum with nasty. /soapbox
I am not going to consider any comments offensive and I hope that no one takes offense with any of my comments, even though I say what I think. I do consider every one on this site an Elio brother or sister. We all will be together soon on Elio Road. It's a groovy thing.

doug stanley

Elio Fan
Reaction score
AMEN MR. WHEELS.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, Ralphe. I have never belonged to a car group before so this is an experiment for me. My son was the one who found the sites and told me about them. He also was the one who introduced me to Elio in January. What can I say! I fell in LOVE! I am so glad I am a woman because I have created a folder of pictures of my creamcicle Elio to carry around in my purse. LOL

Don't have a purse, but have Elio pics on my Driod........kind of like showing pics of the kids, or not.............. :)

Top Bottom