• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Want More Elio Excitement - Try Being Friendly

Daniel Venzke

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I've been involved in a lot of enthusiast forums over the years, even created and administered one. I must say, there is a core group on this forum that competes to jump on anything that resembles a suggestion or criticism outside of their view of what the Elio should be. Rudeness is plentiful. My way, or get out of the way. If you guys truly want to spread the Elio word, try being welcoming and friendly to all comers. Instead of writing nasty replies to legitimate concerns/questions, try stepping outside of your comfort zone and don't hit that submit button. Personally, I truly hope the Elio makes it. No doubt, once its out, this forum will abound with the excitement and versatility of this fun/commuter/car/motorcycle/tourer/trike thing as new owners make it their own. Until then, lets all try not to fill the vacuum with nasty. /soapbox
I so agree. I check Facebook every day for the latest Elio news and read through the comments. There are always the doubters and skeptics. Some are very confrontational and even personally attack anyone who disagrees with them. Can we as unofficial representatives of Elio bite our tongues and resist retaliating? The naysayers will be proven wrong in time. We just need to counter with relevant information and undying enthusiasm for the next great thing in personal transportation to start rolling off the assembly line in Shreveport next year.

Fred Yerrick

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I've been involved in a lot of enthusiast forums over the years, even created and administered one. I must say, there is a core group on this forum that competes to jump on anything that resembles a suggestion or criticism outside of their view of what the Elio should be. Rudeness is plentiful. My way, or get out of the way. If you guys truly want to spread the Elio word, try being welcoming and friendly to all comers. Instead of writing nasty replies to legitimate concerns/questions, try stepping outside of your comfort zone and don't hit that submit button. Personally, I truly hope the Elio makes it. No doubt, once its out, this forum will abound with the excitement and versatility of this fun/commuter/car/motorcycle/tourer/trike thing as new owners make it their own. Until then, lets all try not to fill the vacuum with nasty. /soapbox
Ah, a wonderfully refreshing voice of a rational mind! Many thanks!

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks! Appreciate your thoughts and concerns. From time to time, we do come across as "harsh;" I can raise my hand and even admit to that. :rolleyes:

But, have to admit; there comes a time in EVERYONES life and world, when we ALL have to "agree to disagree." o_O

Just need to do it with a kind heart, be aware of it, and NOT be ashamed to go back and apologize when we know we should! :)

Thanks, again!

ElioJoe

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said!!

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I almost didn't join this site because of one very negative attack post I read. After reading JN2Wheels I decided it is worth a try. Thank you for your comments.
90% of mean, baseless attacks are from Elio fanatacists.

Look in the mirror, first.

Top Bottom