• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Want To Buy My Spot In Line?

BillJ

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I have had some life changes that I don't want to go into, but circumstances have made it so that I will not be able to use the Elio when it comes out.

I have a 1,000.00 All In non refundable deposit, with Reservation number 8,261.

If anyone is interested in working out an arrangement to get the car when it comes out, I will sell my spot in line.

Offers?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 332

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Hi Bill, very sorry to hear about your life circumstances, hope all gets better.

Contact Elio Motors about what you want to do, they'll need to get involved if you want to transfer your $1000 all-in to another person.

They'll have all the rules and details, but I believe here's the rules: you can sell/transfer your reservation to another person, but that person will go to the current back end of the $1000 all-in reservations. In other words, it will be as if they got their reservation today. I think that's the case, others can verify. But again, contact EM to get the full details and rules.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have had some life changes that I don't want to go into, but circumstances have made it so that I will not be able to use the Elio when it comes out.

I have a 1,000.00 All In non refundable deposit, with Reservation number 8,261.

If anyone is interested in working out an arrangement to get the car when it comes out, I will sell my spot in line.

Offers?
Very gracious of you to afford someone the #8744 opportunity.
Best of luck with everything.
Unfortunately I am only in it for the one I already have.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The only way they could get your SIL is if you buy the Elio; and then sell it to them after you receive Title.
Selling your SIL

Yes you can sell your All In reservation BUT it must be done through Elio Motors. Contact them when you have the specifics (the person lined up to buy it) they will send you a form to fill in, sign and send back to them; they will also explain on how you handle the money. Once they have that signed form the transfer of reservation ownership will happen. However, if you have an $1K reservation and an SIL, THEY (the new buyer) WILL NOT GET THE NUMBER YOU HAD; they will get the next number in the current sequence mailed to them they also only get whatever current bonuses there are, not any of the past bonuses.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only way they could get your SIL is if you buy the Elio; and then sell it to them after you receive Title.
Selling your SIL

Yes you can sell your All In reservation BUT it must be done through Elio Motors. Contact them when you have the specifics (the person lined up to buy it) they will send you a form to fill in, sign and send back to them; they will also explain on how you handle the money. Once they have that signed form the transfer of reservation ownership will happen. However, if you have an $1K reservation and an SIL, THEY (the new buyer) WILL NOT GET THE NUMBER YOU HAD; they will get the next number in the current sequence mailed to them they also only get whatever current bonuses there are, not any of the past bonuses.
I think those are the points of a personal transaction. Number in line and past bonuses kept.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Therefore, every time someone sells their reservation, our SIL moves up by one?
never thought of it that way but yes- I'm one who thinks that Oswald wasn't alone, and the moon landing was fake- i.e. E M can give spots away as they want- I'm sure Leno and Seinfeld and...and..... weren't in the first one thousand reservationists I'd guess they will "jump the line" if E M so choses. I'd go further out and say, the public SIL is preceded by E M's line with deep pocket investors, other celebrities, and themselves. I don't have any problem at all, if they start producing them it'll only be a matter of a few days extra wait.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
never thought of it that way but yes- I'm one who thinks that Oswald wasn't alone, and the moon landing was fake- i.e. E M can give spots away as they want- I'm sure Leno and Seinfeld and...and..... weren't in the first one thousand reservationists I'd guess they will "jump the line" if E M so choses. I'd go further out and say, the public SIL is preceded by E M's line with deep pocket investors, other celebrities, and themselves. I don't have any problem at all, if they start producing them it'll only be a matter of a few days extra wait.
" ..... if E M so choses..." Key words.
But if it leaked out that they did, now many of the 65,000 would be upset? I don't think that EM is in a position to do that; and that is very much anti-Paul, he always talks about honestly and fair play. Because of that I doubt they would do anything like that.
But selling them a number that they had reserved for Board members and employees is a possibility.

Top Bottom