• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Want To Buy My Spot In Line?

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
" ..... if E M so choses..." Key words.
But if it leaked out that they did, now many of the 65,000 would be upset? I don't think that EM is in a position to do that; and that is very much anti-Paul, he always talks about honestly and fair play. Because of that I doubt they would do anything like that.
But selling them a number that they had reserved for Board members and employees is a possibility.

A lifetime 'Starbucks Card' holds a lot of sway.........There is precedent: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/17/starbucks-drinks-for-free_n_6005602.html

toxotes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I understand not "selling" the spot in line I don't understand what happens to that spot/car

if I am number three, and the first 2 do not take delivery,via, I don't know, death financial hardship a zombie eats them, don't I ' get the first car' off the line?
and if they do produce those two cars before me where do they go? area 51, or do Jimmy Hoffa and Helen Brach take delivery ?

Philip Ahrendt

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your situation, but those nasty life changes happen.

Your best option here may be to take delivery of your vehicle and then sell it immediately afterwards to an arranged buyer. That way you (and the buyer) will keep your SIL, thus maintaining the earlier delivery advantage. Take advantage of the $7000 discounted price offer as well if you can handle it financially.

Best of Luck.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your situation, but those nasty life changes happen.

Your best option here may be to take delivery of your vehicle and then sell it immediately afterwards to an arranged buyer. That way you (and the buyer) will keep your SIL, thus maintaining the earlier delivery advantage. Take advantage of the $7000 discounted price offer as well if you can handle it financially.

Best of Luck.

welcome from the PNW, great suggestions and thanks for joining us

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A lifetime 'Starbucks Card' holds a lot of sway.........There is precedent: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/17/starbucks-drinks-for-free_n_6005602.html
Now living in Seattle (yea the home of Starbucks) I see now why I'd always thought their espresso beans were over-roasted- (bitter).
In Seattle tourists drink it, the rest of us have our local barista who is not a cookie-cutter and makes much better cup of J (at $5.00+)
(Now that I'm here a year I feel more qualified),
I also think McDonalds makes a great cup too (senior rate $1.00), and for me living on half a pension (no thanks to her lawyer) and S.S, in a town that's VERY expensive- why the H_ ll do Washington apples cost $2.99 a pound, when I lived in FLA was 99 cents!, I digress.
Howard has done quite well for himself.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I meant by personal transaction, is a personal contract between the two parties, entered into properly. Of course, done this way, the contract would have to stay in effect until delivery, and the parties would need to communicate at the appropriate times, for instance when the reservation number comes up, and the order process begins. The other day we were talking about this being done between friends.

ELIO RESERVATION AGREEMENT
5. Order Process
When the start of production of your reservation nears, we will ask you to confirm your option selections and provide full details regarding the legal purchaser of the vehicle. Elio will create an order for your vehicle containing the information provided by you, and a Purchase Agreement indicating the estimated purchase price of your vehicle, taking into account the base price of the model and any options included or that you select, plus estimates of any applicable taxes, duties, transport and delivery charges, and any other applicable fees. Elio will then submit to you the order and the Purchase Agreement for your review. If you wish to proceed and purchase the vehicle, you must sign and return the Purchase Agreement together with any amounts that are then required to be paid. Production of your vehicle will then be commenced and your additional deposit payable under the Purchase Agreement will be held by Elio as a non-refundable deposit (to the extent permitted by applicable law). These procedures may be subject to change.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I never did, but their are lawyers who will act as the go between to assure that either party will not get or attempt to screw the other party

early in VII:XLVI, night all

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I understand not "selling" the spot in line I don't understand what happens to that spot/car

if I am number three, and the first 2 do not take delivery,via, I don't know, death financial hardship a zombie eats them, don't I ' get the first car' off the line?
and if they do produce those two cars before me where do they go? area 51, or do Jimmy Hoffa and Helen Brach take delivery ?
The Elio are all the same except for color; interior colors can be changed easily.
So they would give 1 & 2 to whoever next up that orders that color.

Top Bottom