• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Warren Buffet Where Are You !

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read this somewhere regarding Buffettology: Risk is simply the probability of losing your initial investment. If there is a chance that he might lose money on an investment, he simply doesn't invest.

"Risk comes from not knowing what you're doing." - Warren Buffet
So now you are impugning the investment & automotive savy of the many investment & automotive experts on & off Elioowners that are so passionate about ELIO... Heard of Peter Brock?

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The thing to remember with Buffett's comments is that he's out to make money not anything new or different. Risk does mean a chance of loss, but nothing changes without it. You might not become the wealthiest man on earth by accepting risk, but it could make you one of the most influential in bringing about technological progress.

I'd be willing to bet that guys like Elon Musk and Paul Elio have a different view on "risk"

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Buffettology indicates that Warren Buffet hasn't invested in Tesla Motors either. I mean no disrespect to those that have.

This is the Warren Buffet, Where are you Thread. My Buffet thread posts are simply an indication why both EM & Tesla are far from Buffet-style investments.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, there's no chance Buffett would invest in either company. His investment philosophy is to turn millions into billions with safe, moderately high return investments that most people don't have access to. I don't really understand why Buffett is so revered in the investment world. Sure, he has done well for himself, but his investment strategies aren't really novel. He just executes them well and had a lot of money to start with.

This focus on "Buffett-style" investments is one of the reasons why we have so much money sitting on the sidelines instead of funding things like the Elio. If more people were emulating venture capital style investors instead, we'd have much more technological progress.

Top Bottom