• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Warren Buffet Where Are You !

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I don't think Buffett is a bad guy personally and what he has done investment wise was not evil. I just think that having the no risk approach as the model for investing is problematic because there are bigger gains to be made for everyone if those with fat wallets are willing to accept some risks.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
He invests his money mostly in the US. He stays away from trendy and glamorous. Wish we had someone like him in Canada. He is good for a secure income. He helped your country by being stable when the banking sector was out of control. Risk takers need someone else to invest in them.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
" For that madder why would anyone with the money to do so even look at it." ?
Often Investors will look at other things besides ROI.
1. Elio does have a wow factor. All the pluses we already know about the machine and progress. EX: MPG, MSRP
2. Then there is the part of being something really big. The plan is to make lots of little Elio's running all about the place.
3. It is also transportation manufacture, not an easy industry for any richy rich come lately to become a big part of.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like Warren Buffet. I think that he cares for the shareholders and wants to keep their money safe. I don't think that he is as greedy and egotistical as Eddie Lampert or someone similar.
There is a use for vultures. They keep the roadkill off the streets. But vultures are dependent on the death of animals by other means. They don't produce anything.

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Simple, Paul does not to give up control of "his baby" no matter what is costs him (or us).
What he needs is a Mr. or Ms. Money Bags (like the ATVM) that will give him free reign (good luck with that).
As a public company, doesn't his stock holders have any input? (no, they don't own 51%)
You'd think some environmentally friendly well funded non-profit would step up to the plate.
What about Big Bucks Bill Gates? This would be pocket change for him.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
He apparently does not understand the difference between risk and guaranteed financial return. He buys companies with assets he already knows he can sell. Then sells them like any salvage yard operator. Buy below asset valuation. He is risk averse. He doesn't take risk because he wants certainty.

Entrepreneurs take risks to move things ahead toward a new para-dime of normal. Someone has to build what Buffett scavenges.

Buffet never built anything new or improved anything and never will. He is merely a highly efficient vulture.
That is not Buffet's business model, he invests in successful companies. Perhaps we should buy a share or 2 of his Berkshire Hathaway, Inc stock since it's down $113 at today's close.

His investment dollars allow the businesses he invests in to expand and continue to be profitable.......or as you state "move things ahead....". Hopefully, a high risk venture capitalist does the same for EM.

He lives in a relatively modest home in Omaha, Nebraska and pledges to give away the vast % of his fortune to charitable causes. He has already given $21.5 + Billion.

Last edited:

JR

Reaction score
Here he is!! Recruit him! Oh, Maybe we aren't fancy enough.

Attachments

• rtr205i8.jpg
    rtr205i8.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 182
Top Bottom