• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Warren Buffet Where Are You !

Paul DeCrans

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Yeah, there's no chance Buffett would invest in either company. His investment philosophy is to turn millions into billions with safe, moderately high return investments that most people don't have access to. I don't really understand why Buffett is so revered in the investment world. Sure, he has done well for himself, but his investment strategies aren't really novel. He just executes them well and had a lot of money to start with.

This focus on "Buffett-style" investments is one of the reasons why we have so much money sitting on the sidelines instead of funding things like the Elio. If more people were emulating venture capital style investors instead, we'd have much more technological progress.
Warren Buffet has invested in Autos before. He has invested millions into BYD motors in China which unfortunately can not be purchased in the U.S.A. I have rented one when when in Europe and I think they would sell well here

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Based on what I can see of their vehicles, I think they wouldn't be able sell any at all in the US due to all of the trademark and patent lawsuits.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if there haven't been a few investors already look into Elio. When they do, they just don't make a snap decision and say, "That's a really cool car, I'll invest in that." What they really do is hire a bunch of consultants and they go in and look at the company from head to toe. Consultants are there to report what they see, not judge it by emotion. Report is done and then the investor decides on if or how they will get involved. In the end, they always have an exit strategy to make sure they don't come out the loser. Also, you have to answer to them often, so you can't give them reports like we've seen in the last few Momentum's or just disappear for a few months. Plus, they can easily kick you out of your own company and replace you with someone that will get the job done or sell it off piece by piece.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ask yourself this. Why would Buffet even consider ELIO ? For that madder why would anyone with the money to do so even look at it. ELIO has an engine so what great modern engines all over the place. Elio has a body/frame some what ready. ELIO has a lot of debt . And no real assets to go with it. There is nothing for a Buffet to work with.
If anyone was to target ELIO . They would wait until it was bankrupt. That would allow them to get rid of all liability for the funds put up by the 65,000. And much of any other debt. Then they might make out on selling off any assets ELIO has left. Unlikely.
If ELIO is to have a chance Paul and his crew must do it. Do a go fund me maybe we could get 1 million people to put up $500 each. I am game for it.
The scams of the last 8 years on public money being handed out have caught up. Another of them just went belly up and they walked away with all the cash again. So any hope of ELIO getting Federal dollars even as a loan is slim.
The green thing has proven to be a cover for someone else pays for it. That is also something more and more have figured out.
I am in this to the end, but with eyes wide open. Hope is something we hang on to with nothing to give a reason to .

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Up to this point, how many different ways has Elio used to raise money? Didn't they use StartEngine to raise money for the 25 engineering cars? Didn't they raise money through 65K reservations? If that's what they did, if I was Elio I'd do that gofundme, kickstarter and whatever else is out there. There has to be plenty of people that don't mind giving $500 to bridge them to something like the ATVM loan. Honestly, they don't have anything to lose but they do have plenty to gain.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The thing to remember with Buffett's comments is that he's out to make money not anything new or different. Risk does mean a chance of loss, but nothing changes without it. You might not become the wealthiest man on earth by accepting risk, but it could make you one of the most influential in bringing about technological progress.

I'd be willing to bet that guys like Elon Musk and Paul Elio have a different view on "risk"
He apparently does not understand the difference between risk and guaranteed financial return. He buys companies with assets he already knows he can sell. Then sells them like any salvage yard operator. Buy below asset valuation. He is risk averse. He doesn't take risk because he wants certainty.

Entrepreneurs take risks to move things ahead toward a new para-dime of normal. Someone has to build what Buffett scavenges.

Buffet never built anything new or improved anything and never will. He is merely a highly efficient vulture.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
He apparently does not understand the difference between risk and guaranteed financial return. He buys companies with assets he already knows he can sell. Then sells them like any salvage yard operator. Buy below asset valuation. He is risk averse. He doesn't take risk because he wants certainty.

Entrepreneurs take risks to move things ahead toward a new para-dime of normal. Someone has to build what Buffett scavenges.

Buffet never built anything new or improved anything and never will. He is merely a highly efficient vulture.
I like Warren Buffet. I think that he cares for the shareholders and wants to keep their money safe. I don't think that he is as greedy and egotistical as Eddie Lampert or someone similar.

Top Bottom