• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Watch Out! %#@&^& Zoomify Malware!!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm...McAfee Stinger found nothing. I guess 'technically', ZoomifyApp is not a virus...just the most annoying adware I've ever encountered (relentless pop-ups and redirects to the point of locking up your computer). It's still on my computer. Here's the only thing that is keeping it at bay.

I went to Task Manager, clicked on the 'Processes' tab, right-clicked on Zoomify, clicked on 'properties', opened the 'Security' tab, clicked on 'Advanced', and reset all the permissions to 'Deny'. Had to do that for all the associated files individually. It hasn't been messing with my surfing since, but it still bugs me that nothing I try will delete it, and even Kapersky Pure (the newest/best version), which did identify it as a possible malware, could not even quarantine these files.

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Also run the following - root kit killers (TDS, etc), adaware, msert (microsoft - very good), and malwarebytes (mbam). Also Detekt was just launched, it is what found my issue - (no fixes on this, just identification). Spybot S&D is good for isolation, and Hijack This for browser work.
There is no one 'super' program for everything, but there are several excellent ones for targeted work once you know what you have.
Several forums are good also (bleepingcomputer comes to mind).

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you get the ZoomifyApp malware try this removal guide...

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/zoomifyapp-removal/

That's one of the first sites I tried. The problem is [and it still exists] it refuses to be deleted/uninstalled by any means. I even purchased Kapersky's 'top of the line' anti-virus/malware software. I acknowledges it's there, but still won't delete or even quarantine the files....perplexing for sure. There was one suggestion earlier to 'send' it to a thumb drive, and then format the drive. Might try that. But thanks for the input!

Top Bottom