• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

We Will Have To Behave!

Texconsin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, learning experience time (I find many occasions where I can learn something o_O ) .... we don't have HOV lanes in our area .... I've seen them while traveling but don't know the rules and have never driven in one .... what are the prerequisites for being illegible to use an HOV lane

Jim
.08% BAC will definitely ban you from it.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not per federal law...even if it gets a bazillion miles per gallon. It's kind of funny that a Toyota Prius that gets 50 mpg with 5 passengers onboard will get ticketed, while my Suzuki C109RT that gets exactly 40 with me riding alone, will not. Why? Because "it's what plants crave!"
I don't understand why a Prius with 5 people would get a ticket in HOV lane. Regardless of the mileage they are still 2 or more people in the vehicle. The HOV lanes I have seen required 2 or more people in a car. :-) Z

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
.08% BAC will definitely ban you from it.
I don't understand why a Prius with 5 people would get a ticket in HOV lane. Regardless of the mileage they are still 2 or more people in the vehicle. The HOV lanes I have seen required 2 or more people in a car. :) Z

That's like the one's I've seen. I once heard a story of a pregnant woman that was ticketed in an HOV lane trying to get out of it claiming her unborn child was the second person in the car.

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
DUI means you lose your license, probably shouldn't be in the hov lane with no license :).

BAC refers to the percent of alcohol in a person's blood stream. A BAC of .10 percent means that an individual's blood supply contains one part alcohol for every 1,000 parts blood.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
BAC refers to the percent of alcohol in a person's blood stream. A BAC of .10 percent means that an individual's blood supply contains one part alcohol for every 1,000 parts blood.

ahhhhhh .... got it .... not a problem for me .. :)

Jim

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I heard that story also. I think it happened on the Oakland Bay Bridge when I lived there. LOL :) Z
Z, when I saw Josh's comment,in a later post, about you living on the Oakland Bay Bridge, I had to back up and find your original post. I could not resist the temptation to explore that. Did you actually live On the Bridge or Under it?lol As you have shared a lot of your past History with us, could you please share the 'Bridge Living' part, also?lol
The reason I'm interested is, several years ago, one of our xcentric citizens built a home on an abandon bridge, it looked great,and a river ran under it, but he was a 'Little' strange. After the right up in the local paper, we heard no more outta him. I'm sure Your Story is Much More exciting than his, being as your talk about the OK Bay bridge an all.lol
Be careful what you post, All of us watch/read Everthing you post!!lol

Top Bottom