• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Well I Gave Up

felkers

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Well I guess I gave up on the Elio dream because I bought a tiny little 2014 Scion IQ. It gets about half the stated MPG of the Elio and cost 2.5 times more money but it is here and here right now.

It worried me that the production date keeps moving out. I also tried to contact the local Shreveport La government to get information on Elio taking over the GM plant there but get no response. I found all their city council meeting minutes and searched them for Elio information and didn't find anything to make be comfortable that the Elio would be produced there any time soon.

I love the idea of the Elio, I just don't think I'll ever get one in the near future! I'm glad I only went $100 all-in. Finally, I do like it that the Scion IQ has a passenger seat up-front for my wife. It also has 11 air bags and a long list of safety features. It was a hard decision to bail out but I sure like my Scion IQ - it is the "Monogram Series" only 150 made in this paint scheme.

Felkers

Attachments

• a. IQ.jpg
    a. IQ.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 376

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well I guess I gave up on the Elio dream because I bought a 2014 Scion IQ. It gets about half the stated MPG of the Elio and cost 2.5 times more money but it is here and here right now.

It worried me that the production date keeps moving out. I also tried to contact the local Shreveport La government to get information on Elio taking over the GM plant there but get no response. I found all their city council meeting minutes and searched them for Elio information and didn't find anything to make be comfortable that the Elio would be produced there any time soon.

I love the idea of the Elio, I just don't think I'll ever get in the near future! I'm glad I only went $100 all-in. Finally, I do like it that the Scion IQ has a passenger seat up-front for my wife. It also has 11 air bags and a long list of safety features. It was a hard decision to bail out but I sure like my Scion IQ - it is the "Monogram Series" only 150 made in this paint scheme.

Felkers
Keep that Elio reservation... When the Miata came out, Mazda couldn't make them fast enough and people were selling their $13,800 car for upwards of $30K... could happen here too. And looky, looky, you'd have one for sale.

Tomg3rd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Congrats on the new car! Sounds like a nice one... Don't give up on Elio. I recently bought a Chevy Cruze for now.. Not my dream car but need something 'till the Elio comes out.

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I bought a tiny little 2014 Scion IQ. The Scion IQ has a passenger seat up-front for my wife. It also has 11 air bags and a long list of safety features. I like my Scion IQ - it is the "Monogram Series" only 150 made.

My son bought the TC when they first came out years ago. Looks like the IQ has been in the US since 2011, but I've not seen one on the road yet, that I remember, but I don't get out much. Hope your family enjoys it.
My only issue is the 79" W/B kinda limits it to local and city driving. My Insight is 100", Elio and an Accord are nearly the same at 109". A more choppy ride and possibly more roll over prone are 2 disadvantages w/shorter wheelbases. Enjoy, but Go Elio.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well I guess I gave up on the Elio dream because I bought a tiny little 2014 Scion IQ. It gets about half the stated MPG of the Elio and cost 2.5 times more money but it is here and here right now.

I love the idea of the Elio, I just don't think I'll ever get one in the near future! I'm glad I only went $100 all-in. Finally, I do like it that the Scion IQ has a passenger seat up-front for my wife. It also has 11 air bags and a long list of safety features. It was a hard decision to bail out but I sure like my Scion IQ - it is the "Monogram Series" only 150 made in this paint scheme.

Felkers
The Elio is not for the timid or impatient. For me it is unique vehicle worth waiting for. Congratulation on your Scion. Hope it provides the enjoyment you would have gotten from the Elio

Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Felkers
That looks a lot light the smart car. I hope you enjoy it. :-) Z

paddy's wagon

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
KTBS channel 12 announced, 29 April 2014, that Elio has $100 million in pre sales, quoting Woodrow Wilson, Adminstrative Officer, Caddo Parish, Louisiana, Who spoke to Paul Elio last week. http://www.ktbs.com/story/25383939/elio-motors-update-start-up-vehicle-manufacturer-makes-progress
Still looking for production to start up in 1st quarter 2015 with partial employment, full employment is last quarter of 2015.

That's a lot of work in 13 months (May 2014 to March 2015).

I was expecting, don't really know why, to be in an Elio by 4th qtr 2014. Now it may be a year later, since I'm not first in line.

The time from concept to production is seven years so far, 2008-2015. The price, you think is still going to be $6.8K?

Also Elio is planning a unique dealership network. Don't think that group will allow factory pick-up, just like they did with detroit cars some years back.

Top Bottom