• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Well I Gave Up

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well I guess I gave up on the Elio dream because I bought a tiny little 2014 Scion IQ. It gets about half the stated MPG of the Elio and cost 2.5 times more money but it is here and here right now.
That doesn't necessarily count you out. If you drive some number of miles, that 42mpg difference may cover the $75/mo plus insurance, or a portion of it.

For example, I just got myself a Prius C last week, trading in my 2007 Prius. (Situation was beyond my control) I'm getting 53mpg out of it right now. And I'm stuck on lease for 3 years.

But I'm still going to get my Elio next year. I drive 2300miles a month, 84 round trip to work. I'll save $65 a month in gas, and that will just about cover the Elio financing. However, there is another benefit. I won't be driving the PriusC as much. That means the total miles later will go down extremely, and at the end of my lease I'll have more choices about turning it in for trading, or walking away, or refinancing.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well I guess I gave up on the Elio dream because I bought a tiny little 2014 Scion IQ. It gets about half the stated MPG of the Elio and cost 2.5 times more money but it is here and here right now.

It worried me that the production date keeps moving out. I also tried to contact the local Shreveport La government to get information on Elio taking over the GM plant there but get no response. I found all their city council meeting minutes and searched them for Elio information and didn't find anything to make be comfortable that the Elio would be produced there any time soon.

I love the idea of the Elio, I just don't think I'll ever get one in the near future! I'm glad I only went $100 all-in. Finally, I do like it that the Scion IQ has a passenger seat up-front for my wife. It also has 11 air bags and a long list of safety features. It was a hard decision to bail out but I sure like my Scion IQ - it is the "Monogram Series" only 150 made in this paint scheme.

Felkers
fully agree with your reasoning, except the part about the wife sitting up front, !!- problem solved- Elio (lol)

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A couple years ago I figured the Elio would be on the streets by now. Didn't happen so I just got a Ford f150 crew cab.And yes it did cost more than the Elio. (5 times). lol
I figure if the Elio hits the market in the next 3 years I'll have the cash saved up.

Top Bottom