• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Well, its about time...

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio‘s focus was always on marketing & funding - $141 Million and test sits. The focus should be on R&D and getting an actual prototype screaming around the test track along with test drive events.

Note: EM=Elio Marketing. I believe they still owe IAV for Elio Motors. Odd they still have a website and fan base. Go BEX!
Elio did pay off IAV. It's in one of the SEC filings. It was around $1.3M In the end, IAV stopped work due to being owed money. That happens in the real world. Thus, the engine (I am betting) was not complete or production ready. Thus Elio went with the mystery engine that nobody knows about. Sounds like to me, a way to get web traffic and that's all.

Elio raised just over $110M and spent $36M on R&D for the product. The rest went to everything else. Non refundable were just north of $26M and just south of 1.8M were the refundable (which are in escrow). Only $16M were raised from the IPO. The rest came from other investors. So that means, $42M was raised from the general public through non refundables and the IPO. The rest was raised by other investors and most likely, dilution of the stock. Let's us not forget, in total, Elio needed over $600M to complete his business plan. Plain and simple, underfunded project unless he wanted to change the business plan. He did, but the changes were hail Marys. incomplete every time.

Reaction score
nd simple, underfunded project unless he wanted to change the business plan. He did, but the changes were hail Marys. incomplete every time.
I am really not 'sad'. I need an emoji with a hand slapping my face. This time of year, I got my head in the clouds, wishes and dreams come true. I want my Elio. I haven't had to shovel snow from my driveways yet, so there is still time.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am really not 'sad'. I need an emoji with a hand slapping my face. This time of year, I got my head in the clouds, wishes and dreams come true. I want my Elio. I haven't had to shovel snow from my driveways yet, so there is still time.
They say that face slapping is good for your skin. :) Merry Christmas to one of the earliest Elio Addicts. Zelio was the first to welcome me to the club years ago.

1671205991331.gif
1671206024832.gif

Last edited:

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like Paul forgot to send GoDaddy the check this month:

Screenshot 2024-01-21 10.25.51 AM.png

whois seems to confirm this:

Domain Name: ELIOMOTORS.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1537285547_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com