• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Color Elio Are You Getting?

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
those pesky little tar spots are easily removed with plain ole wd-40. does not hurt the paint.
Does anyone here remember the color 'Hawaiian Bronze'?? I saw a '57 Chevy, painted this color in the early 60es.
I was told then it was a Chevy color. I had a Datson? 300Z painted this color, supposedly, but it was not the same.
That was my favorite car color, since that time, but have not found that exact color since.
I have chosen the 'Cream cycle' color for my Elio. I believe that this would be the best base color to repaint my Elio, if I can find the 'Chevy Hawaiian Bronze' paint code.

If anyone can find a picture of a car painted this color, please post it.

Help a brother out. Thanks.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone here remember the color 'Hawaiian Bronze'?? I saw a '57 Chevy, painted this color in the early 60es.
I was told then it was a Chevy color. I had a Datson? 300Z painted this color, supposedly, but it was not the same.
That was my favorite car color, since that time, but have not found that exact color since.
I have chosen the 'Cream cycle' color for my Elio. I believe that this would be the best base color to repaint my Elio, if I can find the 'Chevy Hawaiian Bronze' paint code.

If anyone can find a picture of a car painted this color, please post it.

Help a brother out. Thanks.
1951 Ford Hawaiian Bronze paint
This gold automotive paint color is most commonly known as Hawaiian Bronze. The color formulation has been used only in 1951, primarily by Ford. See the full detailed list below.

The longer Ford paint manufacturing code is M0168 or M0168A. Ford production paint codes starting with M are usually followed by a 4 digit number and the letter "A" indicating its an exterior paint. The same code ending in the letter "G" is common for interior paints. These longer manufacturing codes are useful for tracking paint usage.

We have only found one paint in our database which matches 1951 Ford Hawaiian Bronze; although, we did find 4 examples of Ford paint with the name of Hawaiian Bronze.

Example of 1951 Ford Hawaiian BronzeSee more information on 1951 Ford Hawaiian Bronze
or See all paints named "Hawaiian Bronze" or "Hawaiian" or "Bronze"

Usage list 1951 Ford Hawaiian Bronze paint (more information)
yearmanufmodelcodepaint namecomment
1951Ford Hawaiian BronzeCrestliner model

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1951 Ford Hawaiian Bronze paint
This gold automotive paint color is most commonly known as Hawaiian Bronze. The color formulation has been used only in 1951, primarily by Ford. See the full detailed list below.

The longer Ford paint manufacturing code is M0168 or M0168A. Ford production paint codes starting with M are usually followed by a 4 digit number and the letter "A" indicating its an exterior paint. The same code ending in the letter "G" is common for interior paints. These longer manufacturing codes are useful for tracking paint usage.

We have only found one paint in our database which matches 1951 Ford Hawaiian Bronze; although, we did find 4 examples of Ford paint with the name of Hawaiian Bronze.

Example of 1951 Ford Hawaiian BronzeSee more information on 1951 Ford Hawaiian Bronze
or See all paints named "Hawaiian Bronze" or "Hawaiian" or "Bronze"

Usage list 1951 Ford Hawaiian Bronze paint (more information)
yearmanufmodelcodepaint namecomment
WOW award to Dustoff for the day. I hope this helps tazairforce. One thing about this forum - ask and you will most likely receive. Good Job! :-) Z

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snipped: 1951 Ford Hawaiian Bronze paint

DSCN0088.jpg
:)

NN4S

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I want a yellow one- preferably with Indian front fenders. If I have to paint it to get there, I will probably go ahead and add purple/blue scallops or flames during the paint job!

NN4S

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
My only reason to go with either of those is to have a suitable base to paint over if a yellow option isn't available. I want something that will be seen; something that will cause the officer at the scene of an accident to immediately take the other driver's license when they say " but Officer, I didn't even see it coming" because they are obviously too blind to be driving! :p

Top Bottom