• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Color Elio Are You Getting?

NN4S

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
That's why I went with the water cooled ones instead... I melted down MANY air cooled bikes down back in the `70's & `80's. In fact, the ONLY air-cooled two-stroke dirt bikes that I had that DIDN'T seize at one point or another were my Yamaha trialers... the `74 TY250 and `85 TY350 both took everything I threw at them without incident, though they both threw me off countless times! It's sort of funny, since I've only had one trials bike that wasn't Yamaha powered (a `97 Beta Techno); even my current one (a Scorpa SY250R) has a Yamaha engine in it!

I think I need to get off here & go out to the shop to put a petcock rebuild kit in my `87 RZ350 so I can ride it next week (weather permitting, of course). I need a little throwback road time & I can't get it until I can keep the fuel in the bike! :p

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Definitely like the creamsicle color. Absolutely getting the window tinted. But ever since Ekh turned me on to this website in the 'Options' thread, I've been running through the possibilities. Now I just want to know what the surface square footage of an Elio is. Might get a couple of linear feet of this stuff (carbon fiber look) and try it out on my SVX for application practice and a durability test...Got at least a year to see how it holds up to Missouri's crappy weather.:D

Don't forget to check out the LED reflective film. I see some good areas to apply this stuff on our Elios!

black chrome screen shot small.jpg

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Definitely like the creamsicle color. Absolutely getting the window tinted. But ever since Ekh turned me on to this website in the 'Options' thread, I've been running through the possibilities. Now I just want to know what the surface square footage of an Elio is. Might get a couple of linear feet of this stuff (carbon fiber look) and try it out on my SVX for application practice and a durability test...Got at least a year to see how it holds up to Missouri's crappy weather.:D

Don't forget to check out the LED reflective film. I see some good areas to apply this stuff on our Elios!

View attachment 2529
Thanks for the credit line, NSTG8R! I think a very small amount of the LED Film (not truly LEDs, just highly reflective) could be really useful on the Elio, notably on the rear, or just a small strip on the outside front and back of the tire spats ... just enough so people ABSOLUTELY cannot mistake the size of the vehicle.

I could see a situation where at night some idiot thinks it's a motorcycle and cuts too close in passing .... runs into your front wheels, not seeing they protrude ... yep, a strip of the old LED wrap sounds pretty handy to me.

Back in April or early May somebody posted a TRULY awesome paint design, black and red ... made the elio look like a Viper or some such lethal device ... haven't been able to find the post, but THAT's what I want my Elio to look like ....

goldwing06

Elio Addict
Reaction score
just enough so people ABSOLUTELY cannot mistake the size of the vehicle.

I could see a situation where at night some idiot thinks it's a motorcycle and cuts too close in passing .... runs into your front wheels, not seeing they protrude ... yep, a strip of the old LED wrap sounds pretty handy to me.

Back in April or early May somebody posted a TRULY awesome paint design, black and red ... made the elio look like a Viper or some such lethal device ... haven't been able to find the post, but THAT's what I want my Elio to look like ....[/QUOTE]
along those same safety lines, some led's mounted in the rear of the front fenders would be a great way to show the location of the apendage off the front. problem i think would be the glare at night in the drivers eyes. i'm sure a sheild could be disigned into a classie looking fixture that would be visible to the rear without being visible to the driver. even reflective tape would be a glare if a vehicle to the rear was follow close for a long period of time.

genebee

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds way too hot for me. I have been burned getting into black cars left in the sun. No thank you. LOL :) Z
I agree Z I have too black cars....first and last at the same time :) also, a day after a wash and wax, they look like they haven't been washed for a month.
Oh and I will get a rocket silver and add some black accents, maybe just stripeing?

Last edited:

MASCMAN

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Really dont think anyone is going to clip the front wheel.

Might be overthinking this a bit IMO but i understand the concern.

If really worried put the reflective tape on the outside of the fender. Shouldnt reflect in your eyes then.

Top Bottom