• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What I Would Like To See In The Features For Elio In The Future...

Stiffler

Elio Fan
Reaction score
So I had a conversation with a friend and I told him that I predicted the Elio to have an electric model within 5 years if this thing takes off. It got me thinking about some other nice features I'd like to see out of Elio in the years to come and would love to see what you guys could come up with....

-A single seat model (better gas milage and if you mostly operate alone, more space to move your seat back or make it trunk space for groceries/gym equipment/etc)
-A removable hard top model. This one may not be so straight forward because that may make it to where you have to wear a helmet to drive. Idk. This one may not be possible but it would be really nice.
-Remote start. Haven't seen anything about a remote start option in this model. Would love to see that in the future for those cold winters.
-Keep the manual window crank. I don't want this feature to go away. I've replaced my fair share of electric window motors in the past and it's always a breath of fresh air when I get in a car and see a manual crank...I may be a little post traumatic from my venture with a 2001 Dodge Ram window motor lol
-Custom Elio rims. Ok, I'm not a stickler for a vehicles appearance by any means, but I think some rims with the 'Elio' logo in the center would be a nice accent. That's not to say they wouldn't do it for the first model, but if they can't because of price, it'd be a nice option to add to your vehicle or purchase later.

I think I'm out of ideas. I'll post more as they come to me. What do you guys/gals think?

Stiffler

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Oh and if possible I'd like to see the P2 wheel covers (that's not the right word.....) as an option. I think they look much better than the p4, but that's just me.

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I had a conversation with a friend and I told him that I predicted the Elio to have an electric model within 5 years if this thing takes off. It got me thinking about some other nice features I'd like to see out of Elio in the years to come and would love to see what you guys could come up with....

-A single seat model (better gas milage and if you mostly operate alone, more space to move your seat back or make it trunk space for groceries/gym equipment/etc)
-A removable hard top model. This one may not be so straight forward because that may make it to where you have to wear a helmet to drive. Idk. This one may not be possible but it would be really nice.
-Remote start. Haven't seen anything about a remote start option in this model. Would love to see that in the future for those cold winters.
-Keep the manual window crank. I don't want this feature to go away. I've replaced my fair share of electric window motors in the past and it's always a breath of fresh air when I get in a car and see a manual crank...I may be a little post traumatic from my venture with a 2001 Dodge Ram window motor lol
-Custom Elio rims. Ok, I'm not a stickler for a vehicles appearance by any means, but I think some rims with the 'Elio' logo in the center would be a nice accent. That's not to say they wouldn't do it for the first model, but if they can't because of price, it'd be a nice option to add to your vehicle or purchase later.

I think I'm out of ideas. I'll post more as they come to me. What do you guys/gals think?
Had an run in with my drivers side window motor on my 2000 Ram, apparently I made too many trips to Mc Donalds drive thru windows. Bought a new regulator assy, problem solved. Now I have new problem, my seat won't go back far enough for me to clear the steering wheel, also a resultant drive thru issue. I'll love the electric version in my Elio, because from the looks of it we'll all have to go inside and pass on the drive thru anyway.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Only
So I had a conversation with a friend and I told him that I predicted the Elio to have an electric model within 5 years if this thing takes off. It got me thinking about some other nice features I'd like to see out of Elio in the years to come and would love to see what you guys could come up with....?

This is just my guestimation for your execlent idea's;

->A single seat model (with trunk space for groceries)
If there is an competition for Elio from any MC makers who want to enter a new market, it would be that layout. Although it's likely to be an open air model.
Elio is kind of breaking new ground moving the 3WV in to the main stream. All kinds of 3wv will popup from now on.

->A removable hard top model.
Probably will happen as a convertible someday, not year1. Most likely there will be some custom shops do this very quickly IMHO.

->Remote start.
Only likely if it's included in a upgrade electronics package.

->Keep the manual window crank.
We have no idea about this one, maybe the power windows will be part of the EPackage upgrade I imagined. I know for a fact price (and MPG) is almost everything. So a feature like this is balanced this way; Will the inclusion boost sales up such that scale of volume will keep the price down?
If not included, it's definitely in the upgrade planning.

->Custom Elio rims. ->P2 wheel covers (that's not the right word.....) as an option.
Oh, I'm willing to lay money down that the open fenders and mag wheels are destined to be in the accessories catalog just about day 1.

So let's add;
-Bluetooth for a hands free cell phone connection
I think they included this, but if not, definitely in the E-Upgrade package

-back hatch window
-sun roof
-air horn
-reverse facing 'get off my (back)' paintball cannon, co2 charged 4000psi(mounted inside the back hatch, electric deployment)
It seems very likely all will be available, K, except for the last one :)

GaPawn

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
As long as we're dreaming...... (or at least I am!) :rolleyes:

I'd like to see a "pickup" version, or more likely, a "flatbed" version, for light duty utility work. It would be a one-seater with a ~4'x4'ish~ platform located right behind the driver. Maybe the platform could even be double hinged to fold upright along the latitudinal axis to get it out of the way when not in use. Kinda like the wings on airplanes for aircraft carriers. Or even a covered stationary bed, like a van, or a pickup with a camper top on it. Upgrade the rear spring and it might be able to hold some pretty good weight. After all, you are eliminating the rear passenger, which should give you an initial payload capacity of up to 200 lbs or so.

Yeah, I know, it'll never happen. But I'll bet a small, high MPG, utility vehicle could find a niche, somewhere!!! ;)

Stiffler

Elio Fan
Reaction score
So let's add;
-Bluetooth for a hands free cell phone connection
I think they included this, but if not, definitely in the E-Upgrade package

-back hatch window
-sun roof
-air horn
-reverse facing 'get off my (back)' paintball cannon, co2 charged 4000psi(mounted inside the back hatch, electric deployment)
It seems very likely all will be available, K, except for the last one :)

All of your estimates for the features I thought of seem about right. Can't argue there lol

I did see somewhere that the Bluetooth option would be part of an upgrade package, which I will take advantage of. I have been spoiled by the bluetooth gods.

Sun roof is a great idea! definitely see that being more doable than a convertible version of the Elio.

I think 4000psi is too steep. If you could settle on 3500 then that may be able to work! :)

GaPawn

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
All of your estimates for the features I thought of seem about right. Can't argue there lol

I did see somewhere that the Bluetooth option would be part of an upgrade package, which I will take advantage of. I have been spoiled by the bluetooth gods.

Sun roof is a great idea! definitely see that being more doable than a convertible version of the Elio.

I think 4000psi is too steep. If you could settle on 3500 then that may be able to work! :)

I vote for 3500 psi too, you just need to go with a slightly smaller projectile.

A small two-stage, piston-type compressor, running off of a pulley attached to the rear hub, and filling a 1.5 cubic foot, high pressure steel cylinder, ought to give you about 3 shots/minute. Gotta start looking for a "If you can read this, you're too close!" bumper sticker!!!! :D

Top Bottom