• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What I Would Like To See In The Features For Elio In The Future...

ncarter124

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The first couple of times driving maybe, but then - it is amazing what we can adapt to. :) Z
That's true... I just had the sudden realization that my Wrangler has the power window switches in the center under the stereo...
0f986f6bf233f9b811128ede078a68b4x.jpg

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As your self appointed three wheel journeyman+ (grade2), I hate to put sand in the works, but this is a key point...

Center of gravity is everything in a three wheeler. And the farther away from the two wheels the worse it gets. The higher it gets the worse too. It's reason #1 why Front Wheel drive is such a good choice for the Elio, front, low and center. The issue second is traction. Third is oversteer / understeer dynamics.

So a Pickup 'platform in back' version right from EM is not likely, ever. Both rollover and traction would suffer greatly. Since some idiot is highly likely to strap 400lbs to it, get in trouble at 60mph, and sue EM for it, we should never go there.

The passenger is not such an issue because that weight is somewhat limited and reasonably close to the center of the car. A trailer under some max weight is a much better option. Even a sidecar would be better than a rear cargo deck.

A total redesign with platform in front would work just fine, but that's a totally different kind of vehicle.

Top Bottom