• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not according to the SEC filing. In August, Elio Engineering (which Paul is the director and majority shareholder) and Paul Elio himself own 63.4% combined. If you look at the latest OTCQB certification, Elio Engineering and Paul Elio own a combined 63.4%. Stu did sell stock which makes sense because he had 1,946,378 shares issuable upon exercise of immediately exercisable options. Stu sold that stock and that's why it dropped to 23% as opposed to 29.3% back in August.

All of this is on page 77 for the SEC filing released August 3. You have to read the fine print because it explains it.
Good job R. Reading SEC findings is very tedious work. I think that they are designed so that people don't read them, like sites that have paragraphs of disclaimers then a big AGREE on their website.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The OTCQB certification published two weeks ago puts Paul at 18.5%, Stu at 23%, and Elio Engineering at 44.9%.

http://www.otcmarkets.com/financialReportViewer?symbol=ELIO&id=184174

No idea how the stock Elio Engineering owns is held, and also no idea how many employees are currently actually working for them. Their LinkedIn page looks a little sketchy right now.
They have a website last updated in 2006, I don't think that they have a valid phone number. The contact person Tom Ryan does not seem to be associated with the company. Does someone have any more accurate information?

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
According to his LinkedIn information:

Thomas Ryan

Vice President of Vehicle Engineering
Elio Motors, Inc.
May 2008 – December 2010 (2 years 8 months)

Led engineering and supply chain team to develop and build the first prototype Elio Motors autocycle. Built the first prototype with 3 team members in two weeks. Responsible for defining the front wheel drive configuration and assuring the design met structural, cost, mass and timing goals.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because he is gone, I think that it is safe to say that ESG has gone dormant. I don't think that it would take seven years to update the website, even if they are putting all their efforts into raising money. If it took four people two weeks to make first prototype, how come they billed 18 million ( If memory serves me correctly) for the engineering?

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The daily stock price doesn't matter to a long term investor in support of the company goals...............only traders looking to make a profit. What matters is the companies performance, financials, debt load, and progress with investor funding.......the daily market price adjusts accordingly.
Rick, I speculate that you are correct! :p

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The daily stock price doesn't matter to a long term investor in support of the company goals...............only traders looking to make a profit. What matters is the companies performance, financials, debt load, and progress with investor funding.......the daily market price adjusts accordingly.
I agree with this, but in Elio's case, I also strongly advise not looking at any of those while you wait. Like Jackie Gleason said in Smokey and the Bandit. You can think about it, but don't do it.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because he is gone, I think that it is safe to say that ESG has gone dormant. I don't think that it would take seven years to update the website, even if they are putting all their efforts into raising money. If it took four people two weeks to make first prototype, how come they billed 18 million ( If memory serves me correctly) for the engineering?

I put in the address and another company has been operating out of at building since 2010. So, ESG has not updated their address on their website. I'm now wondering where the ESG Engineering corporate headquarters and engineering facility is. It seems that just changing a phone number, email address and corporate address wouldn't be that hard, especially when you have 7 years to do it.

Here's the company at that address:
http://www.triumphcorp.com

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think today's momentum f@#&ing rocks...ELIO MOTOR's ambition is to be the 21st century successor to the Model T's 15 million in production only surpassed in 1972 by the VW Bug's 15+ million (21+ million today)...so does anyone have the calculations for gross sales at say an average of $9,000 multiplied by say 15++million ELIOS worldwide! GO ELIOOOOOOOOOS!!! :car::car::car::car::car::car::car::car::car::car::car::car::car::car::car::car::car::car::car::car:

Last edited:

Officespaced

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The problem is that with the price drop, very few people want the stock. For that price drop it should have been hundreds of thousands of shares of stock. The price is about a third of what is was since funding announcement, yet few people consider it a bargain.

Lack of demand at fire sale price, and dropping to lower quality OTC tier, doesn't bode well for potential Nasdaq listing/interest/pricing, if that ever comes to fruition. Granted, there are investors, especially institutional, that never bet on the OTC.

Why hasn't Elio updated the reservations since they reached 65k? I believe that was in February or March? I suspect it's because they've fallen off a cliff for new uptake.

For the record, I'm long on Elio with over 15K in shares, but most were purchased last year. I expect to write it off over the course of the next several years starting with tax year 2018.

Top Bottom