• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, Looks like our Ground Hog might not pop till March 27th. That is that court date. I am still keeping an eye on Elio stock till then to buy. The low so far was December 15th, $2.05. Happy New Years Everybody.
Watch the volume. If something is going to happen, volume should be going up to about 20k shares a day. You will miss the low point but you will do okay. Word always gets out before a deal is announced. Friends, family and insiders always win.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Watch the volume. If something is going to happen, volume should be going up to about 20k shares a day. You will miss the low point but you will do okay. Word always gets out before a deal is announced. Friends, family and insiders always win.
Scoop under a ball on the bounce up...not a falling knife on the way down. Didn't follow this rule closely enough EVER, but the long term took care of this with most stocks we've owned going up exponentially over a decade or two. ELIO will be no different. A strongly rising price on strong volume...20,000 or more shares a day...would be almost a 5-fold increase to average volume... would indicate "friends & family", as they always have & do, are jumping in big time. Always works that way I think. Wish I was an insider and not just a trend on a chart follower. But coupled with the fundamentals the charts can track the rising stars. I believe that since the court case is at end of March, massive up volume could occur around then if it's a pro ELIO verdict and the VC money is waiting for that result. Could be wrong, maybe big news next week, but I doubt it.
BTW, Weekly Driver has an article from 12/29 that includes ELIO... nothing exciting there.

Last edited:

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It would be an interesting scenario where we see some big purchase activity to get the stock back around 6 or maybe 7 bucks, then big sell offs as the (maybe temporary) price, at least stabilizes for awhile. Methinks the real test is if it goes up to 6 or maybe 7 and stays there for a while til real info starts to flow: if ultimately there really is no news, this possible ‘spike’ will be short lived. Of course, one can double or maybe even triple their money from 2 to 6 or 7 bucks. I reckon lots of people might try timing this, it’s all about if ‘someone’ makes a few 10,000 share purchases to create some buzz. I bet that happens, there is lot of stock given out right around 6 that’s just waiting to get turned into cash....

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Buying stock during EM's initial Reg A+ IPO was investing to support the companies promise to get the 25 Elio E's built and tested as a critical production milestone. Long term investors believed in the company and the product. Watching the stock price daily and buying or selling EM stock after the initial IPO is high risk day trading.

Whether Investing , Day Trading, or both in a company with no product to sell and lacking the latest SEC Filing seems extremely high risk. Buy low, sell high, diversify. Happy New Year.

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had planned to buy a few shares for stocking stuffers but decided it might be a grossly disappointment to grandchildren .In reality Elio stock is at its high point and continue to tank .Hate me if you must but its my honest feelings .

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Watashiwaw, It's an interesting short term future scenario of a price action from $2 to 6 or 7, but it's market timing and you know what they say about market timing. Maybe instead of $2 ELIO shares tie up some $ in another 3, the Trifan...XTI...every time we think of adding more to our 800+ shares of ELIO, we instead buy more $1 shares of XTI on start engine. Up to over 10,000 $1 XTI shares. Here's the deal...it has to IPO at least at $4 on an exchange like NASDAQ I believe. I'll be unable to buy XTI by April when the share price will change by...even if traded on SEngine secondary market, but I am hoping to add to the ELIO shares by then... maybe 200-300 more for hopefully still under $4. Obviously, I believe in both, but I enjoy being able to keep my eyes on the aviation world nearby at Centennial Airport. So much happening there... Boom...first supersonic...to succeed Concorde! Bye Aerospace... electric and solar electric. And XTI... with a blend of off the shelf cutting edge Honeywell hybrid electric ducted fans and key patents. But if you're non accredited like most of us, XTI gets you rubbing shoulders with the VCs since there is a convertible bond purchase deal going for the big money. I see this simultaneous fund raising approach to be a trend for large raises in the future. It seems that ELIO & XTI need to raise a similar amount of money, but I appreciate that this is second and third acts for most of people behind XTI and this REALLY is all about the future of flight... vertical. The education provided by ELIO has been priceless in understanding crowdfunding of start-ups and I believe in and want another chance at playing an IPO but hopefully leaving the house money on the table for a late Summer 2018 60% percent scale piloted flight....we will be there. And in Shreveport in 2019...for the other favorite 3!

Last edited:

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Buying a stock from a company that has no assets but a whole bunch of debt sounds pretty strange to me, but then again, playing craps in Las Vegas sound strange to me too.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sailor Dog,

Total agreement about XTI Aircraft: I’ve been following their progress and researched their development team and principals. Top notch in every regard, did buy quite a few shares more than the minimum but am aware that such new technology might mean a longer payout on the road to success: maybe 6, 8 or more years, a long time!! Whoops, we already have that much time in an ‘old tech’ ICE vehicle!! What’s 8 years for something so new and utilitarian? I just talked myself into buying more XTI!!

If this is going to get done, XTI are the guys that have the chops to do it, plus they already have, even international, pre orders!!

Jag39

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sailor Dog,

Total agreement about XTI Aircraft: I’ve been following their progress and researched their development team and principals. Top notch in every regard, did buy quite a few shares more than the minimum but am aware that such new technology might mean a longer payout on the road to success: maybe 6, 8 or more years, a long time!! Whoops, we already have that much time in an ‘old tech’ ICE vehicle!! What’s 8 years for something so new and utilitarian? I just talked myself into buying more XTI!!

If this is going to get done, XTI are the guys that have the chops to do it, plus they already have, even international, pre orders!!

Buying stock during EM's initial Reg A+ IPO was investing to support the companies promise to get the 25 Elio E's built and tested as a critical production milestone. Long term investors believed in the company and the product. Watching the stock price daily and buying or selling EM stock after the initial IPO is high risk day trading.

Whether Investing , Day Trading, or both in a company with no product to sell and lacking the latest SEC Filing seems extremely high risk. Buy low, sell high, diversify. Happy New Year.

I'm sitting on 500 shares of EM bought during the Reg A offering. Can't sell now, so guess I'm stuck, for better or worse.

Top Bottom