• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How different would another manufacturer have to design their version to not infringe on Elio’s design? Elio doesn’t have patients on components, but the overall design would likely be covered under design patent rights.... right?
From the SEC filing:
Patents. In order to minimize the cost of bringing the Elio to market, we have chosen not to apply for patents for any of our mechanical innovations related to our development of the Elio. This means that others could develop a vehicle with a similar design and produce a competing product, which would adversely affect our business, prospects, financial condition and operating results. If we are able to successfully launch the Elio, we expect that other companies - whether they are traditional auto companies, motorcycle companies, or other startups - would attempt to begin producing their own three-wheeled vehicles.

From looking at the Elio there's nothing unique or difficult for another manufacturer when it comes to making their own Elio. It would be 100X easier for an existing company to do it as they can raid their own parts shelves for most of the underpinnings. Then they can use their own engineering department to design, model, prototype and test it. They already have relationships with automotive suppliers too. The Japanese or Germans could crank out a fleet of them in a year. Honda would be the perfect company as they make both, cars and motorcycles.

Honda has a big campus in Marysville, OH and that company would be perfect for making the Helio or Elionda as their Accord plant is cutting back due to people buying CUV's over sedans.

VAG and BMW would work too as they both make cars and motorcycles. VAG owns Ducati. All three I mentioned have a national parts distribution, warranty, dealer and service network. Polaris could make an Elio too.

Last edited:

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When looking at the Eliocoin website, I get this message:

red_shield_48.png

There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

green_shield.png
Click here to close this webpage.

red_shield.png
Continue to this website (not recommended).

More information

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I sent this to Elio to see what they say.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
GM doesn't make motorcycles. They are afraid of one word. Liability.

Perhaps, but what IF they convinced the government to pass the autocycle legislation and make them eligible for CAFE credits in return for manufacturing jobs? With all the pick-up trucks and SUV's I think they need something with great mileage. (It's a big IF!). They might find the liability risk manageable.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps, but what IF they convinced the government to pass the autocycle legislation and make them eligible for CAFE credits in return for manufacturing jobs? With all the pick-up trucks and SUV's I think they need something with great mileage. (It's a big IF!). They might find the liability risk manageable.

In 1982, GM unveiled the “Lean Machine”. (All you young whipper snappers need to check it out if you don’t know what it was.) I saw the Lean Machine exhibit at Epcot’s GM sponsored World of Motion. I have never forgiven GM for not producing the Lean Machine. I would have written a check on the spot.

I understand they worked on the Lean Machine for at least 8 years. That’s a LONG time to develop a product and then decide to scrap it. It had a 38 HP snowmobile engine and got 100-150 mpg....

GM (like all the other manufacturers COULD produce an Elio-like vehicle. In my lowly opinion, I don’t think it’s a liability concern. They see the selling of an Elio-like model knocking out the sale of a higher priced 4-wheeled car. The super efficient and reasonably priced Elio-like vehicle would put a big hole in their lower priced, “economy” models.

If no one else produces a 3-wheeler (Elio) then GM won’t do it either. It’s almost like a collusion scenario.... you don’t build a mass produced, super efficient, INEXPENSIVE form of transportation.... and we won’t either. We’ll all go on building our more expensive, smaller 4-wheelers and keep our profits up.

GM could have easily produced the Lean Machine 35 years ago. Shame on them for not doing it. They could make up for it now by producing the Elio in Ohio right now. Something tells me, I have a better chance of walking on the moon.

That’s why Paul needs to build the the Elio. I’m afraid the big guys will never build it. Never...

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You might also enjoy this:http://worldif.economist.com/
This image isn't large enough to begin to cover it, but your scenario is more in the direction of...

IF.jpg

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My guess is the $7.5M fine will be deferred. Same for the payments for the equipment and lease. Some items got paid off from the $2.5M, so it'll make the numbers look better.
They'll have to go back to court to get the fine deferred and/or a higher court to appeal the "dealer/mfg" fine.
Then it's up to a judge and/or eventually judges plural. Again. More money in legal fees.

Last edited:
Top Bottom