• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If one was able, and did sell yesterday afternoon, they would have realized a 233% return on investment. I'm not sure how that could ever be considered anything other than an insane win?

If one did sell yesterday, put their profit under their mattress for buying their Elio outright (or at least a nice vacation), and waited to see if the price dropped so they could reinvest the original amount they were willing to invest, I'm not so sure how one would be losing everything.

I'm holding on to mine for the long haul, if the ATVM loan comes through, I'll buy more shares at what ever the price and hope for a stock split down the road.

Such a big change in the discussions on this board over the past two years.:D:D:D

Regarding that ATVM loan and funding Paul answered a question about it toward the end of the stock press conference yesterday. The gist of his answer was that they would like the ATVM loan but that they aren't betting the company on it. He also said that if necessary there would be an additional stock offering made.

I didn't catch the guys name but he went on to say that a company can raise up to $50 million in any given year. I'm not sure if that meant that elio could offer stock for another 50-17=$33 million or if perhaps in January 2017 they could off stock for another $50 million, or both. In any case, that is only a dent in the roughly $180 million (I think that is the number) that they still need to get to production. I believe Paul has some additional tricks up his sleeve.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Regarding that ATVM loan and funding Paul answered a question about it toward the end of the stock press conference yesterday. The gist of his answer was that they would like the ATVM loan but that they aren't betting the company on it. He also said that if necessary there would be an additional stock offering made.

I didn't catch the guys name but he went on to say that a company can raise up to $50 million in any given year. I'm not sure if that meant that elio could offer stock for another 50-17=$33 million or if perhaps in January 2017 they could off stock for another $50 million, or both. In any case, that is only a dent in the roughly $180 million (I think that is the number) that they still need to get to production. I believe Paul has some additional tricks up his sleeve.
Yes, I heard that. PE has said that or very similar many, many times over the past couple of years about ATVM. I did not take his comment as anything other than he believes he has options any of which could be used as a path to production. Whether that is accurate or not remains to be seen. :confused:

As I understand Regulation A+, EM could go back and raise the difference between what they just raised, and the $50 million limit established in the rule, as you point out around $33m. If they get the ATVM loan (I'm guarded optimistic), I think strategically it would be smart to raise the remaining funds for production via another Reg A+ offering, maybe a split too.

I do wonder thinking about the discussion at the end of the conference, what would happen if they make it into production, and we start driving these things around, and there is high demand for the vehicle, what happens with the over the counter stock. Would it end up just getting too expensive and potentially keep people away from investing? Would it be split and moved to one of the larger exchanges? We should be so lucky to have those problems to yammer about. :p

Aprilia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I heard that. PE has said that or very similar many, many times over the past couple of years about ATVM. I did not take his comment as anything other than he believes he has options any of which could be used as a path to production. Whether that is accurate or not remains to be seen. :confused:

As I understand Regulation A+, EM could go back and raise the difference between what they just raised, and the $50 million limit established in the rule, as you point out around $33m. If they get the ATVM loan (I'm guarded optimistic), I think strategically it would be smart to raise the remaining funds for production via another Reg A+ offering, maybe a split too.

I do wonder thinking about the discussion at the end of the conference, what would happen if they make it into production, and we start driving these things around, and there is high demand for the vehicle, what happens with the over the counter stock. Would it end up just getting too expensive and potentially keep people away from investing? Would it be split and moved to one of the larger exchanges? We should be so lucky to have those problems to yammer about. :p

IMO...additional funding by the Feds (ATVM), Venture Capitalists (VC's), and current & future stock holders is now awaiting the completion & validation testing of a fleet of spec ready Elio vehicles...

Fast forward 6 months...and we'll all know the future outcome of Elio Motors... the clock is now moving rather quickly...

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Paul has said often that he's got a Plan B if the ATVM loan guarantee falls through. But he has never said one word about it -- not the kind of financing, not the source, not the probability of it -- zilch. This has repeatedly given rise to the notion that this funding source is mythical and propitiatory (big word for staving off the doubters).

I do not know the truth of the situation. But if Daddy Warbucks is out there somewhere, it might be a good idea for Paul to give even the slightest hint (e.g., a real estate mogul from New Jersey) about this secondary source. (It might actually be a real estate mogul; Stu Lichter, for instance). People get a little tired of this same Plan B. It's like a campaign promise -- works in the short term, but rarely is completed in reality. After two plus years, the short term is ending ....

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul has to say he's not betting the company on the ATVM loan. Let's remember that the ATVM loan, by definition, is only issued if the applicant demonstrates that the company is viable without the ATVM loan, among other requirements. So if Paul even hints that the company's viability depends on the ATVM loan, his application would likely get deep sixed.

IdahoDuffer

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
WHAT ARE DRS FEES?

DRS is the abbreviation for the process of moving your stock from the current holding company/brokerage firm to another brokerage firm.

So in my case it would cost $115 to transfer my 51 shares from VStock to this brokerage house. Each firm has different fee amounts for this.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Floydv, that's not true. The criterion is that the DOE must have a reasonable expectation that EM will be able to pay back the loan without any further federal funding. They could be completely reliant on the ATVM loan for the business plan to work as long as it is otherwise sound and doesn't rely on more government money.

It may still just be a marketing tactic to claim there are alternatives, but we won't know unless the ATVM loan is declined.

Aprilia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Floydv, that's not true. The criterion is that the DOE must have a reasonable expectation that EM will be able to pay back the loan without any further federal funding. They could be completely reliant on the ATVM loan for the business plan to work as long as it is otherwise sound and doesn't rely on more government money.

It may still just be a marketing tactic to claim there are alternatives, but we won't know unless the ATVM loan is declined.

It would be interesting to understated the nature of the actual language of how ATVM loan's are granted or denied...

I doubt that Fed's would ever just issue a flat statement of "No Approval"...a statement like that could be misconstrued as a prediction of Elio's future viability...

I assume the ATVM application can stay open almost indefinitely... or until Elio can demonstrate they can meet all the requirements that the DOT has required Elio to meet...possibly no time frame involved?

I assume... a condition "Yes"... or a conditional "No"...is probably a better thought about the ATVM loan

So...I'm not so sure Elio will ever be given a absolute "No"

Possibly Elio withdrawing their ATVM application would be a sign of "No"...and an inability to meet ATVM requirements...

Last edited:
Top Bottom