• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

Officespaced

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are you paying attention?
The address in Phoenix is just a mail drop, not a office location.
I believe I told you this before.

They were building prototypes outside of Detroit at
34005 Autry St. Livonia, MI.
so let's see 'em? there should be 100 by now right for fleet testing? That was the call no?

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
so let's see 'em? there should be 100 by now right?

Nope...the 100 were supposed to be some sort of fleet sale in Beta testing. The real test prototypes were to be 25 of which I believe 4 in various stages of completion have been
built. The reality is they need more money......

Last edited:

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
State emissions testing is stupid. The Fed already requires new cars to pass strict EPA rules.
That's great for new cars, but does nothing once that vehicle leaves the lot. So for approximately 1/10,00th of 1% of a vehicles lifetime, it needs to meet an emissions spec, and after that, who cares?

It is normally just a money grab. There were affordable, high-efficiency, low emissions cars.....geo metros. Americans only care when money is on the line. If gas is $1/gal, very few would care about econo cars.
There is definitely some truth in that. But that truth falls apart when you get to situations where the pollution is literally killing people.

I thought States just tested emissions to ensure the Federal guidelines were being met. The $15-$25 it costs to get emissions testing is hardly excessive.
In Ohio, emissions testing is free.

It isn't the cost of the test. It's when someone that has very little money fails the test. They have some beater car with a very small issue that doesn't make a difference. Like a check engine light for a knock sensor. Then they take their $500 beater to the shop and spend $500. It's a burden for these people and they just hope they pass.
That is very unfortunate. I've known people who have been in that situation. (Almost got there myself...) I know that Ohio places limits on repair costs, at which time they give you a pass anyway, even if your vehicle doesn't actually pass.

Lots of states don't have emissions testings so I don't think it is about meeting a federal guideline. Probably just something they adapted to their state.
In Ohio, several counties are specifically targeted for emissions testing based on air quality and pollution monitoring results. (I understand these were EPA mandated levels, but I don't have a link/proof of that.) If your county hit a certain pollution level, your county gets mandated testing. The next county over, where the pollution levels were below that limit, don't get tested.

Officespaced

Elio Addict
Reaction score
so let's see 'em? there should be 100 by now right for fleet testing? That was the call no?
Soo.. Just so were on the same page. Unoccupied Corporate offices are no cause for concern, not to mention the ongoing no information other than make a commitment! After all, a it takes a bit of sheeple to fund a $250k/salary.

Officespaced

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What good does staffing an office in Phoenix do? Yeah, it'd be nice if there was a physical location nearby to go talk to an Elio representative, but that's probably not worth the expense of a staff in the Phoenix office. In today's world, most communication is done digitally or over the phone and the "office staff" are probably also the people coordinating the public events and managing the website. That's just the way business is going. Fewer people wearing more hats, enabled by technology to do their jobs from wherever they are.
Because they are a public company dealing with millions in stockholder equity. What are you, new? Fewer people yes, but if you are unable to even support a desk jockey, you are a scam! Every exec makes $250K/year despite $0 in revenue. Baah, Baah Sheeple...

Last edited:

Officespaced

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And the person who has

It isn't the cost of the test. It's when someone that has very little money fails the test. They have some beater car with a very small issue that doesn't make a difference. Like a check engine light for a knock sensor. Then they take their $500 beater to the shop and spend $500. It's a burden for these people and they just hope they pass.
or a fender falls off during an Elio test drive, just saying...

Officespaced

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nope...the 100 were supposed to be some sort of fleet sale
in Beta testing. The real test prototypes were to be 25 of
which I believe 4 in various stages of completion have been
built. The reality is they need more money......
yup!, no money, no honey... Great concept, amateur execution. I'm actually thinking Trump could be a good thing, lol

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
or a fender falls off during an Elio test drive, just saying...
I'm sorry, but I really have to laugh at your naivete.
At one time, my brother owned restaurants in Phoenix, AZ, San Antonio, TX, and Laredo, TX. I ran audits on all of them from my ranch in central Texas. His payroll person ran payroll from (I think it was) Chandler, AZ.
Oh, and my brother had a post box in Phoenix where he picked up mail once a week. The address was something like Suite 705-401. Companies have done that for years

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because they are a public company dealing with millions in stockholder equity. What are you, new? Fewer people yes, but if you are unable to even support a desk jockey, you are a scam! Every exec makes $250K/year despite $0 in revenue. Baah, Baah Sheeple...
As an established company with revenue, I would expect an official corporate headquarters to have a substantial staff. That's not where EM is right now. They are a start up and their focus is 100% on getting funding and using that money to design/implement a production ready vehicle. You can try to argue that the Executive pay is too high or that they should have spent less money on advertising to cover the costs of an office, but unless you show that there's more value to an office staff than those other things, I'm going to give EM the benefit of the doubt. They are the only ones with the full set of information on the decisions they've made.

Top Bottom