• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The last start timeframe I heard was the 4th qtr of this year...so they did push it back again...that's how long it's been since I've visited the site...
Yes and no. The start for the Fleet 100 was December and hasn't been changed - yet. The start of Reservation Holders production was assumed to be the first quarter since the Fleet 100 is to be built at the Shreveport site, but I never heard that officially and speculated it would be longer to get feedback from the Fleet build.

But the first "pushback" date I would expect is the fleet build with the rest following suit. I haven't heard anything about E series f-w progress and that has to be done and supplier feedback incorporated before the fleet build. It also takes time to adjust the assembly line and hire workers. So further delay is likely. But much progress has been made and I would encourage you to look through some of the threads and find out the specifics.

The biggest hurdle is funding at this point and not the engineering which is progressing well. I'm still hoping for production by summer and mine by Christmas. But patience is a requirement until then and lots of it.

All the above was where I was at before reading the fourth quarter of 17 was the new target date for production. But that report is from the media which makes me skeptical since they get so much wrong when dealing with Elio.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All the above was where I was at before reading the fourth quarter of 17 was the new target date for production. But that report is from the media which makes me skeptical since they get so much wrong when dealing with Elio.

I believe Q4 2017 is only a push back of a few months, from what was stated the last time they gave an update.

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your prediction is correct based upon what PM told the investigative board on 10/26/2016. First let me say I have always backed the Elio project and have never spoken badly about the delays in production I've invested my $1000.00 many many years ago and have a low production number. I've invested in the company by purchasing shares ( again big $$$ ) with the hope that the autocycle will come to light. I've brought many co-workers and friends into the Elio project and they have invested both reservations and stock, so I am doing everything I can to move this along. I've attended all previews of the Elio right from the original protype up to the present, I've sat in them and talked with the E-team many times which is why I'm at this point. This project needs $$$ and the only true way of getting it is to form a relationship with hard money, but in do so certain steps must be taken to acquire the money. NO ONE is going to hand out a few million dollars without some say in how the investment will proceed. ( except the government ). So in order to get assistance PM needs to hand over some control of the company to the investor ( 10 %, 20, 30 etc ), but being a man of principles he won't, hey wants COMPLETE control and it an't goner happen. This entire world is made up of deals, and he's got to accept it. So the new production date of 4th Q of 2017 means nothing. It could be 4th Q of 2018, 2019 .2020 etc. I for one may not be around and I'm sure many of our older members are in the same boat, so I'm passing on my reservation to my grandson..... as a bequest , if I'm still around I'll be driving the Elio, if not he will sometime in the future have the pleasure

You're not alone with your feelings. I'm there myself. It just seems like every time I turnaround, the date has been pushed back again...and there are those who keep saying there hasn't been any push backs, or they say there's only been one...I seem to remember several guesstimated start production dates, all being replaced with new ones...maybe they aren't counting them because they are never firm start dates...to those of us who have put our money down it doesn't matter if they're guesstimates or hard dates, we're tired of being led down a road to nowhere...

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Following since 12/2015...3rd to 4th quarter isnt quite a push back ...2nd half of 2017 has ALWAYS been my understanding.
This is exactly what I'm talking about....there's been two push backs in just the last year...the first start production estimate I remember was 4th qtr 2016, then it went to the 1st qtr of 2017, and now it's the 4th qtr of 2017...I have no idea how many there were before that...have you people simply forgotten about all of the earlier ones?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been following the Elio story since 2008...I count at least six missed production date estimates since 2008...the original production date was set for early 2014...

Paul Elio a fully engineered & tested production ready prototype years ago...
Watchdog, I'm with you. Made my initial reservation in 2013 with a "projected" 2014 start date. It has been "delayed" at least once every year since. Getting too old to experience many more delays. Looking like I may have to put it in my will to give it to my grandson

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is exactly what I'm talking about....there's been two push backs in just the last year...the first start production estimate I remember was 4th qtr 2016, then it went to the 1st qtr of 2017, and now it's the 4th qtr of 2017...I have no idea how many there were before that...have you people simply forgotten about all of the earlier ones?
I think you confuse guesses by those not in the know with actual estimates by those who do know. That is the primary reason for the discrepancy.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To everyone complaining about missed deadlines and failed promises, why don't you try to do it?

Go, estimate out a full vehicle development cycle to get into production and then execute it. Anyone who hasn't run a program of that scale doesn't understand how easy it is to underestimate the time/cost and how hard it is to meet even the most complete and well thought out estimates possible. There are an infinite number of opportunities for some new development to pop-up that will delay progress until it is dealt with, so nothing ever goes exactly to plan.

Seriously, if you think you could do a better job, please try. If you have more of the experience, will and backing required to get it done than Paul Elio, then I might end up buying a vehicle with your name on it instead of his. There are no IP protections in place to stop you. I just want the product to succeed and while there have been setbacks with Elio at the helm, I don't see this endeavor as anything but a good faith attempt to bring a good product to market and would welcome anything that will help further that goal.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been following the Elio story since 2008...I count at least six missed production date estimates since 2008...the original production date was set for early 2014...

Paul Elio promised a fully engineered & tested production-ready prototype years ago...
I've been an Elio fan since 2008 as well and have grown 8 years older and weary from the wait......and less patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom