• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But the point of my post is that since the crowd funding, stock listing and SEC oversight, there has been only one delay from the 3rd to the 4th quarter of 2017...the 100 preproduction were only to commence in December 2016... from what I've read, these initial vehicles will educate the production managers who will then train the new hires. I'm sure that this process should take until the 4th quarter of 2017...it's so easy to get overly ambitious with timetables... I'm sure all parties involved wanted Elios July 1st...but if we want quality Elios we all need to think long term...

Last edited:

Grayfox72

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Like I've said early'r in this site, the problem is $$$, nothing else for the delays. So again to fix the problem we need investors who are willing to shell over the 3 mil that PM needs... And like I said before NO ONE is going to do that unless they are given some control of the company or have a say in what direction the company goes. PM will NOT accept that....he wants complete control to do what HE wants. That is the problem....PM and on several occasions said publicly the were investors interested yet none have appeared ( was this a smoke screen ? ).... If I as an investor had the $$$ to invest I would want a say in how the company would advance. So my question to PM is why no investors are investing ????? We've got a great product, with 60.000 + people that want the car + ?? number of people that have purchased stock. WE all can't be wrong unless we've been given double talk, which I doubt. PM wants the car built, we all want the car built, but these delays are now wearing thin with a lot of us. Lets get the ball rolling.... Paul, if you are reading this.... my question to you is simply.....WHY AREN't WE GETTING INVESTORS TO INVEST, is it because YOU DON'T WANT TO LOOSE CONTROL OF THE COMPANY ? or IS IT BECAUSE THE PRODUCT IS TO RISKY AND WILL NOT TURN A PROFIT ??

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"So again to fix the problem we need investors who are willing to shell over the 3 mil that PM needs..."

If it were 'just' three million, this vehicle would probably be on the road. I think it's more like 300 million.....to get even close EM primarily needs an engine that can live up to the hype. IMHO, the powerplant. is the Achilles Heel. I do not believe the efficiency and power numbers are even in the 'ball park' yet.

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like I've said early'r in this site, the problem is $$$, nothing else for the delays. So again to fix the problem we need investors who are willing to shell over the 3 mil that PM needs... And like I said before NO ONE is going to do that unless they are given some control of the company or have a say in what direction the company goes. PM will NOT accept that....he wants complete control to do what HE wants. That is the problem....PM and on several occasions said publicly the were investors interested yet none have appeared ( was this a smoke screen ? ).... If I as an investor had the $$$ to invest I would want a say in how the company would advance. So my question to PM is why no investors are investing ????? We've got a great product, with 60.000 + people that want the car + ?? number of people that have purchased stock. WE all can't be wrong unless we've been given double talk, which I doubt. PM wants the car built, we all want the car built, but these delays are now wearing thin with a lot of us. Lets get the ball rolling.... Paul, if you are reading this.... my question to you is simply.....WHY AREN't WE GETTING INVESTORS TO INVEST, is it because YOU DON'T WANT TO LOOSE CONTROL OF THE COMPANY ? or IS IT BECAUSE THE PRODUCT IS TO RISKY AND WILL NOT TURN A PROFIT ??
I suppose part of the blame can go on PM because of his unwillingness to give up some control of the company to secure investors, but I put most of the blame on the government. How long has the company been waiting on this government loan now, 2 years? I see no reason the gov can't approve this loan, and I don't know what other information they need to make a decision. The Elio clearly has the potential to be a huge seller, and I think enough has been demonstrated already that shows the vehicle is a viable product. What else does the gov need to move on this loan? They need to quit dragging their feet on this and make a decision...

Grayfox72

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
That government loan is only for 180 mil which is about half of what PM needs ( as he stated at the 10/26/16 meeting ) so if he were to get the money he gets it WHEN PRODUCTION STARTS NOT BEFORE, so we are again back to square one

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Your comment "Paul, if you are reading this" is not going to happen
My best suggestion to anyone that has questions or comments directed to Elio Motors you should contact them directly.
Elio Owners Forum is not affiliated directly to Elio Motors.
Rather than venting here, contact the people that are controlling all of the aspects of the Elio and let them know.

Elio Motors can be contacted at:

Elio CS: Toll Free: (844) 289-3546
Direct: (480) 500-6800 Ext. 1
Phone Hours: M-F 9am – 3pm Central Time

Emails:
tellmemore@eliomotors.com
orders@eliomotors.com
support@eliomotors.zendesk.com
futureowners@eliomotors.com
https://reservations.eliomotors.com/customer/account/

Mailing address:
Elio Motors, Inc.
2942 North 24th Street,
Suite 114-700
Phoenix, AZ 85016

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
That government loan is only for 180 mil which is about half of what PM needs ( as he stated at the 10/26/16 meeting ) so if he were to get the money he gets it WHEN PRODUCTION STARTS NOT BEFORE, so we are again back to square one
And you are positive about this how?
What solid proof do you have? How do you have knowledge of the inner financial workings of Elio Motors?

If you don't, all you are doing is trying to get others stirred up over your guesses.

NorTracNY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't seen where the money would arrive when production starts. It is stated for "reequipping, expanding or establishing manufacturing facilities in the United States." But it does sound like Elio would need the other ~$116M(300-184) in hand before receiving the loan as it states "In order to be financially eligible for an ATVM loan, an applicant must be financially viable without the receipt of additional federal funding for the proposed project."

Reactions: HHH
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom