• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Six months from when the car is ready to production. That's doable but it will come at a premium to do so. Plus, it's not just retooling the line but making it for the size of the car. That takes a pretty good amount of removing existing equipment and moving it. From what I read, they have a pretty aggressive cycle time and that will be lots of revamping the whole line. It took VW 6 months to fill an existing space in their existing plant to build the new Atlas in TN. That was the plant where they started building the Passat in 2014 and just started production on the Atlas last month (the build both the Atlas and Passat there). If Elio can do pretty much the same, I'd be impressed and proud of them. I just wonder if they can afford to get all of this done.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Six months from when the car is ready to production. That's doable but it will come at a premium to do so. Plus, it's not just retooling the line but making it for the size of the car. That takes a pretty good amount of removing existing equipment and moving it. From what I read, they have a pretty aggressive cycle time and that will be lots of revamping the whole line. It took VW 6 months to fill an existing space in their existing plant to build the new Atlas in TN. That was the plant where they started building the Passat in 2014 and just started production on the Atlas last month (the build both the Atlas and Passat there). If Elio can do pretty much the same, I'd be impressed and proud of them. I just wonder if they can afford to get all of this done.
Setting up the plant is being handled by Comeau we have not been informed by them or EM about where the plant stands at this time. They (Comeau) were also the ones that did the sell off of all the equipment that was not needed for producing the Elio. So as status of the plant, you would have to ask Elio Motors or Comeau that question for the answers.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I assume you mean, Comau. The company based out of Italy (owned by Fiat). They pretty much do stamping, welding, robotics and parts flow. Really good company but they don't have the capability to set up the whole plant, they are just part of the puzzle. I would assume that Elio has been sending their cars and parts to Italy because that's where Comau does the majority of their R&D and mock ups of the assembly line. It's good that Elio chose them as a contractor because they are one of the best.

Obviously the $100K was a joke.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you looked into the history of Comau and EM? It has a lot of discussion here' I did a search on just the word Comau had had we'll over 1,000 results returned. If there are truly specifics you would like to know about the status of the line, contact Doug Frik at Elio Motors, he is the plant manager.
This is him giving the tour of the plant https://www.elioowners.com/posts/154798/ Momentum v62

These are other references to Comau's role with Elio Motors

https://www.elioowners.com/posts/168902/
https://www.elioowners.com/posts/147189/
https://www.elioowners.com/posts/123562/

But above all Elio Owners Forum has no affiliation with Elio Motors what so ever.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio is not closing the doors.

Elio Motors is not going out of business any time soon. Aside from personal assurances I have received, here are objective reasons not to believe the rumor. And it is a rumor.

1. They are in the Detroit auto show.

2. No officer has sold any stock, including Paul Elio. Stock sales by officers must be reported, and there have been none.

3. This whole thing is based on the SEC filings, written by lawyers to cover all possible contingencies. The filings do say (and I’m paraphrasing) if any of these [funding related] things should fail to occur, we might have to constrain our operations.” At no time has Paul Elio said he was closing the doors, or even that that was a risk. And what the SEC filings do not say, and IMO should say, is HOW LIKELY is it that the company won’t get its funding.

Jalopnik and his evil cousins have taken the probability to be very high, and are trumpeting that around the nation. But the SEC filing does not say anything of the sort. This is malicious mischief, not reporting, by a small group of Elio-haters. We should not be sucked in by this.

4. We have not heard of any suppliers cutting their ties with Elio.

5. They have not sold any prototypes. That is a lie.

6. Paul Elio is one of the most stubborn men on the planet. He is also not underhanded or sneaky.

7. I have been utterly unable to find any “interview” or “meeting” or other event where Paul Elio said anything about shutting down. Not one trace of it.

So – might Elio eventually fail? Yes, of course. Any company can fail. Is closing down the operation on any visible horizon? No. Is it immediate? Absolutely not.

This is a challenging period for Elio. They are so close to getting it done, but the hill is steepest just before the summit. That’s where they are, and they are not quitters. They are not frauds. They are incredibly hard working and very honest people who are deeply hurt by allegations of fraud and dishonesty.

So, let’s just stop this. Stop it now. And when you find people who have heard the attacks, tell them what I’ve just said in this post.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Optimism is great, and certainly people claiming Elio's death inevitable have no more information than anyone else. However, just to temper this a bit, Elio isn't close to the finish line, the finish line being a production vehicle. There are some very big hurdles to overcome, and many of the hurdles can't be overcome with willpower and work ethic, as much as it would be nice if they could.

I'm not saying this to add fuel to the Elio-hate fire that some are professing, but I think it's important to recognize and understand dissenting/critical opinion. This is especially true for anyone who is looking to invest, you've got to look at the information objectively. You can't disregard information simply because you disagree with the source, or because they may have mistaken some facts (that don't impact the conclusion). The information should be analyzed and rebutted factually, doing so is going to lend far more weight than simply disregarding the information, and spreading hope.

Point is, be optimistic, but don't just ignore information that doesn't mesh with what you want to be true.

as24.postimg.org_51qrsl1th_658.png

I realize there are those on here who can only be optimistic, because you've got all-in reservations...so you're just along for the ride come what may. For you, I can understand how Ekh's post would resonate.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have never said that investing in Elio stock is a sound investment. It is highly speculative, and should be done either for purposes of waving the flag if you can afford it or for the equivalent of a lottery ticket. For which you should only use play money. I've been very consistent about this since Elio started talking about issuing stock 16 months ago.

That said, the potential profit of Elio is very great, so as speculative stocks go, it's a doozy.

I myself own only the minimum number of shares, because I do not have buckets of play money comma and because the stock is speculative. I bought mine as a flag-waving exercise. But I am hopeful that by the time my Elio is produced, I will be able to sell it for enough to take a good divot out of the total cash outlay that will be required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom