• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To your list of Elio employees you forget to add:

1. I.P. Freely
2. Rick Shaw
3. Dusty Rhoads
4. Susie Suckker

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And what they'll reply is "we can't release that information to you"

Yes! When are you people going to get it through your thick heads that ANYTHING they say could positively or negatively impact the stock price, which would get the SEC all over them. Those days were gone the minute they IPO'ed. We have to wait on quarterly reports for any real news, or a press release that has been blessed by the SEC. And we should all be thankful for that, lest there be shenaingans in the stock market.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes! When are you people going to get it through your thick heads that ANYTHING they say could positively or negatively impact the stock price, which would get the SEC all over them. Those days were gone the minute they IPO'ed. We have to wait on quarterly reports for any real news, or a press release that has been blessed by the SEC. And we should all be thankful for that, lest there be shenaingans in the stock market.
They have a moral duty to answer valid questions. Telling the truth in a press release will not get them in trouble with the SEC. They should be more forthcoming. A lot has happened since partnering with The Onion.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They have a moral duty to answer valid questions. Telling the truth in a press release will not get them in trouble with the SEC. They should be more forthcoming. A lot has happened since partnering with The Onion.

The minute lawyers and bureaucrats in the SEC became involved the entire concept of "moral duty" became moot.
Only the law (whatever it is this week) matters.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score

There has been plenty of info released since February 19, 2016 (The day they went IPO). Elio issued 31 press releases since the IPO. Last press release was February 3, 2017 (6 weeks ago). That doesn't cover things like Paul on some CNBC or Cheddar show (I can't remember which one) and informing us that production is not until 2018 depending on the next round of funding (that's a pretty big announcement). I'm not buying the idea that Elio can't say anything because it'll affect the stock price because at least up until 6 weeks ago, they have been saying plenty. What I can buy is that Elio has nothing to say due to no progress because they don't want the stock price to tank and the reservations come to a stop. The real problem right now is that actions (or lack of) speaks volumes.

In general, blogs or press releases like this would be nice:
-We hit 65K reservations
-Redot completes testing and design of the HVAC system.
-Continental Teves completes ABS and stability programming and design.
-Elio completes cold weather test.
-Elio completes hot weather test
-Elio completes saltwater test.
-Elio completes (insert name here) test.

These are progress reports that show something is being done that is leading to a final production. It would be like someone that is building your dream house and all the progress you see is a foundation and base. Yet the contractor is constantly talking about the brand of shingles, what front door was chosen and why, the brand of sheetrock, gauge of the romex, diameter of the plumbing and the placement of the AC vents. It sounds all great but what you'd rather see is something more than a frame and foundation.

What Elio cannot do, is release info to certain people and then they will have the advantage as to either buying or selling stock. That's why an email to one person won't reveal info. As for general press releases, they can release info for all to see. That's why you see stocks go up and down for companies because a drug company might release that they did not pass a round of FDA testing and their new drug will be delayed. If that info is not released, someone in the company can start dumping stock because they know the info will finally come out.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The minute lawyers and bureaucrats in the SEC became involved the entire concept of "moral duty" became moot.
Only the law (whatever it is this week) matters.
They have a lot of leeway with the SEC as long as they use meaningless words like targeted instead of estimated.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Elio could answer my question, but I have not got a reply yet. Sent 6 days ago, Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 7:20 PM.

Hello,

The natives are getting restless. I visit ElioOwners often, and must tell you many are losing faith.

I know Paul has said you are in Funding Mode, and this will decide when production can start.

My question is if it is possible to give your enthusiastic followers more information. A little

more of an idea of where we are, where we are hopefully headed, and how we will get there.

Something, Anything, to calm us down, and give us hope.

Thank You,
SIL 17829.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Elio could answer my question, but I have not got a reply yet. Sent 6 days ago, Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 7:20 PM.

Hello,

The natives are getting restless. I visit ElioOwners often, and must tell you many are losing faith.

I know Paul has said you are in Funding Mode, and this will decide when production can start.

My question is if it is possible to give your enthusiastic followers more information. A little

more of an idea of where we are, where we are hopefully headed, and how we will get there.

Something, Anything, to calm us down, and give us hope.

Thank You,
SIL 17829.

Good letter. That's what they need to hear. Just the next Momentum with your letter and a response will go a long way for existing and future customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom