• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Elio could answer my question, but I have not got a reply yet. Sent 6 days ago, Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 7:20 PM.

Hello,

The natives are getting restless. I visit ElioOwners often, and must tell you many are losing faith.

I know Paul has said you are in Funding Mode, and this will decide when production can start.

My question is if it is possible to give your enthusiastic followers more information. A little

more of an idea of where we are, where we are hopefully headed, and how we will get there.

Something, Anything, to calm us down, and give us hope.

Thank You,
SIL 17829.
Here is something from AARON REDUS, and I think Elio should have given this person a answer that is more dignified.

Has anyone else been reaching out to Elio to explain their sudden silence? I did... Here is their answer to my inquiry.

"Hello Aaron, 65,000 reservations is definitely a large milestone, but it seems there has been some overhyping in the community about what it really means. That was the time period to be able to lock in (with an All In reservation) the base price for $7,300 or $7,000 after completing the binding purchase agreement. We continue to move forward furthering the Elio project to production. The only difference is that we're not shoving rehashed information down everyone's throats quite as much as we have been doing several months ago. :)"

Last edited:

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It looks, to me, that EM is trying to disassociate themselves from touting how getting to the 65K reservation threshold would markedly enhance, or qualify for, the ATVM loan...if they just rested on the positives of the vehicle and produced a couple dozen real working prototypes with that 120 million bucks, they wouldn't have to operate with un-reached claims, innuendo, mixed signals, puffing, posturing, and now backtracking.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM never stressed that the 65k number would get them the loan. That was a community invention, probably inferred from the proximity of the the 65k announcement to the announcement that they needed "locked in" reservations to meet the ATVM mandates. EM did not ever, so far as I am aware, state or imply that 65k would get them the loan.

If you can find some quote to the contrary, I would love to see it.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The music's still playing...it's the same music but it's still playing....however the sound's fading....interest subsiding...the day the music dies is when we know it's over! Right now, EMV's SOLO is leading the way, making all the right noises and their music's loud and it's getting louder...follow the sound and you're that much closer to your first 3wheeler! :D

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder what was the point of the 65000 goal, except just to raise the price a few hundred dollars. Should have raised the price to a more realistic number.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With all of the delays, mention of the ATVM loan and obvious funding issues, people were reading between the lines that 65K was a number that would mean some major great news was going to happen. At this point, it looks like it was a internal goal for Elio.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
According to Wikipedia:

Typical duties of boards of directors include
  • governing the organization by establishing broad policies and setting out strategic objectives
  • terminating the chief executive;
  • ensuring the availability of adequate financial resources;
  • approving annual budgets;
  • accounting to the stakeholders for the organization's performance;
  • setting the salaries, compensation and benefits of senior management;

Assuming EM’s board is typical, it is the board, not Paul Elio, that is responsible for adequate financial resources.
It is also them that approved annual budgets.
They also set Paul’s salary.
They can also terminate Paul Elio if they want.

Paul Elio has multiple times referred to the "next round of funding". Was he referring to what the board gives him to work with?

If financing has been refused because the person offering the money wanted too much control, it appears it was the board that refused it.

Perhaps we have been too hard on Paul Elio, and have been blaming him for failings of the board of directors.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
According to Wikipedia:

Typical duties of boards of directors include
  • governing the organization by establishing broad policies and setting out strategic objectives
  • terminating the chief executive;
  • ensuring the availability of adequate financial resources;
  • approving annual budgets;
  • accounting to the stakeholders for the organization's performance;
  • setting the salaries, compensation and benefits of senior management;
Assuming EM’s board is typical, it is the board, not Paul Elio, that is responsible for adequate financial resources.
It is also them that approved annual budgets.
They also set Paul’s salary.
They can also terminate Paul Elio if they want.

Paul Elio has multiple times referred to the "next round of funding". Was he referring to what the board gives him to work with?

If financing has been refused because the person offering the money wanted too much control, it appears it was the board that refused it.

Perhaps we have been too hard on Paul Elio, and have been blaming him for failings of the board of directors.
Paul can also fire members of the board.He has controlling stake in the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom