• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does Stu have the money to finance it all? If so, he may as well cut a check, and get this thing going.
He would have done it already if he does. Question is does he believe in the product (ELIO) enough to risk so much money and get it tied down with a measly return for such a low priced 3wheeler? PE and his team have to really convince the investors and make them believe that his creation will be profitable for everyone.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does Stu have the money to finance it all? If so, he may as well cut a check, and get this thing going.
Well as you know, you don't use your money, you use others like yours and mine. I am sure he has been speaking with a lot of people and with the stock being around $6 to $6.50. It will quite tempting to get hold of it if and when this vehicle matures into something worth investing in. I personally lost quite a bit of money so far as in "All in" and in stock.

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well as you know, you don't use your money, you use others like yours and mine. I am sure he has been speaking with a lot of people and with the stock being around $6 to $6.50. It will quite tempting to get hold of it if and when this vehicle matures into something worth investing in. I personally lost quite a bit of money so far as in "All in" and in stock.
I disagree, we haven't lost anything yet. I have invested over $7,000.00 so far, but I will not lose a dime until I sell or Elio goes belly up. If Elio is successful, then I will make money, plus I will have a couple of great auto cycles:p:p:p

gottemfeathers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I disagree, we haven't lost anything yet. I have invested over $7,000.00 so far, but I will not lose a dime until I sell or Elio goes belly up. If Elio is successful, then I will make money, plus I will have a couple of great auto cycles:p:p:p
I locked in with $100. I felt purchasing $900 in stock made more sense than the spending $1000 for an all in, non-refundable lock in. It's a speculative investment but the logic used is that if Elio comes to fruition, the stock will be worth more than what I paid for it and can help with paying for my Elio. If Elio goes belly up, then I lose $1000 just as if I was all in for $1000. The big difference is that I don't have a SIL and less bonus dollars towards purchase.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I locked in with $100. I felt purchasing $900 in stock made more sense than the spending $1000 for an all in, non-refundable lock in. It's a speculative investment but the logic used is that if Elio comes to fruition, the stock will be worth more than what I paid for it and can help with paying for my Elio. If Elio goes belly up, then I lose $1000 just as if I was all in for $1000. The big difference is that I don't have a SIL and less bonus dollars towards purchase.
That makes sense, and is a reasonable approach.
I felt the opposite way though, I wanted a SIL, and bonus. Now, with the Electra Meccanica "apply your receipt" match, I feel lucky that I may have made a good decision for once.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Stu looks like he is more into providing a business with the real estate to make your business work, not throwing money at it to make it happen. As for you the person who gets the property, you need to make it work. I suspect Stu has handed a GM plant to Paul on a silver platter. If Paul can't make it work, then it'll go to someone else. If Paul can make it work, then Stu will profit from it. That's how rich people keep getting richer. They don't just throw money at various projects and see if they will work or not. That's why we have the lottery. We use people that are not too intelligent and go broke because they throw money at various projects without going any research. If it wasn't for trust funds, most young people that have tons of money that came from the family, would be broke too. That's why it's best to have a 3rd party to make sure it all doesn't go away.

DSTP - Don't Spend The Principle.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I disagree, there is nothing to show for with their promoting of dates when this vehicle was to be produced and I have more in stock than you have. Both the deposit and stock I or others can not get returned in full in your "All in". My broker will not refund my total investment that I placed in 2015. Elio holds the keys for this adventure to move forward and nobody else.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If he wanted the company, he could just call in the loans. As the biggest creditor, behind Elio Engineering, he could take control of the company for pennies on the dollar. I think that he is the person actually in charge.

Last edited:

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:fencing:
I disagree, there is nothing to show for with their promoting of dates when this vehicle was to be produced and I have more in stock than you have. Both the deposit and stock I or others can not get returned in full in your "All in". My broker will not refund my total investment that I placed in 2015. Elio holds the keys for this adventure to move forward and nobody else.
I repeat, You do not lose your money until you sell your stock at a loss or Elio goes belly up!

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:fencing:
I repeat, You do not lose your money until you sell your stock at a loss or Elio goes belly up!
I along many others HAVE LOST by not having this vehicle or my investment money work for me differently with Elio predictions on delivery since 2015. Besides moving back to the United States and holding me up for a solid year on travel, purchasing another vehicle and equipment. You are something to be desired if you can't figure what hold up costs are and multiply that by tens of thousands of others.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom