• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I totally agree. The Spouse and I bought into it in 2014. We don’t know what to think now. We tried to avoid the conversation.

I have no problems or regrets when others ask me about Elio. Investing in Elio was a bit of a long shot but I believed, and still do believe, that when Elio comes to be that it will be greater than just transportation for myself. I whole heartedly believe that it's low cost and high mileage will make it an answer to environmental concerns and provide much needed transportation for those that cannot otherwise afford transportation.

If others give me grief I ask them what they have done or will do to make the world a better place.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have no problems or regrets when others ask me about Elio. Investing in Elio was a bit of a long shot but I believed, and still do believe, that when Elio comes to be that it will be greater than just transportation for myself. I whole heartedly believe that it's low cost and high mileage will make it an answer to environmental concerns and provide much needed transportation for those that cannot otherwise afford transportation.

If others give me grief I ask them what they have done or will do to make the world a better place.
Well said Jeff. If they can deliver it at 7K (+ taxes), I'll buy 2- my way of helping cut carbon footprint.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio #8019 would have been mine if ever built. I kissed that $1,000 good by the day i sent it. A gamble on a long shot and I knew it.
It did not hurt. 5 new motorcycle from the time I hit send. Two sidecar rigs. I still hope they build and ship at least 1 before I die.
Still takes me 100 tries before i can log in here once. three wheels but still not an Elio.

champsman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I happened upon this and thought you might be interested

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)
Nov 19, 14:25 EST
Thanks for checking Gerry.
The production date is estimated to be 76 weeks from the timely and successful completion of our current and subsequent fundraising efforts. The timing and availability of the funds can move and we will do everything we can to keep the project moving forward by utilizing each piece of funding received, as we receive it. Thank you for your support.

Best,
The Elio Team

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I happened upon this and thought you might be interested

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)
Nov 19, 14:25 EST
Thanks for checking Gerry.
The production date is estimated to be 76 weeks from the timely and successful completion of our current and subsequent fundraising efforts. The timing and availability of the funds can move and we will do everything we can to keep the project moving forward by utilizing each piece of funding received, as we receive it. Thank you for your support.

Best,
The Elio Team
So, we won't be getting our cars in 2019.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, we won't be getting our cars in 2019.
Purchasing an OEM’s existing powertrain has an enormous impact on the project, it helps both expedite the timeline, and it directly reduces our capital requirement by about $120 million dollars.
So I don't understand the 76 weeks then. Because the quote above came from Elio and "expedite the timeline" means, you make it shorter. In this case, less than 76 weeks. That was on September 27, 2018 and now on November 19, 2018, it's still 76 weeks. Did I miss something?

By my calculation, that means from when I post this, 76 weeks in the future is May 5, 2020. We just went from targeting 2019 to the second quarter of 2020. I really hope Elio gets an early Christmas present this year from the Santa Token Offering.

Plus, it sounds like when they do get a bit of funding and can actually access it, then they will get moving on that 76 weeks. If they get 2 weeks into it and run out, then they go into a dormant state yet again.

What I would have liked to see included in that email was something along the lines of, "We have estimated that we will save X weeks off of our original 76 week estimate due to us using a Fortune 500 OEM powertrain."

In the end, it's that we are waiting to get started on the 76 week timeline and hope we don't stop the clock a few times along the way. It's like in anything that is time dependent, they will say, "5 minutes to post" which means, 5 minutes until the real countdown is happening. So, we are in the post area right now but have no idea how many minutes we need to post. It could be 5 or 5,000,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom