• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Status Of The Atvm Loan?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just responding to humor with more humor.
Nothing humorous about crediting those responsible for sound government programs that stimulate the economy and hopefully help provide me the opportunity to buy an Elio after E Build's, testing, and validation is complete. O.K..........help provide both You and Me the opportunity to buy an Elio..............and Coss, floydv, and acamara.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let's keep in mind that those "worthless" bureaucrats have a legal and ethical obligation to conduct due diligence in reviewing and (hopefully) approving Elio's application. The statute enabling and authorizing the ATVM loans does not implement itself; it merely provides general intent and purpose. The DOE's rules and procedures interpret and implement that statutory language into a program that can work for all involved.

Given the prior failures of Fisker and Vehicle Production Group, it's not at all surprising that the Feds are being very diligent and making sure everything is in order with Elio's application. Note that Solyndra was involved with a different program, and loans/grants of billions to other countries are handled by entirely separate agencies, so let's not paint all DOE and federal government workers with the same paint brush. They are regular folks like you and me, trying to do the best they can within the legal framework they operate under. And also keep in mind that when Congress passed the DOE program, it contemplated that there is an inherent risk of failure with these loans and loan guarantees, so it set aside $10B to cover such losses.

I think a silver lining is that when (not if) Elio Motors gets its loan approved, it will have gone through such a rigorous review process post-Fisker that the loan approval itself will send a strong signal to institutional investors that EM is a solid effort.

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nothing humorous about crediting those responsible for sound government programs that stimulate the economy and hopefully help provide me the opportunity to buy an Elio after E Build's, testing, and validation is complete. O.K..........help provide both You and Me the opportunity to buy an Elio..............and Coss, floydv, and acamara.

I am all in for sound Government but unfortunately it getting harder to decide which party would make better government.

I follow American Politics quite closely and oh..boy good thing that I am Canadian and do not have to decide who to vote for. As usual all parties promise the Moon but in reality fall far short.... and end up somewhere amongst the Clouds.

Peace, liberty and pursuit to hapiness and a healthy living is usually what any of us trive for.... And of course make a decent enough living to be able to buy an Elio or two.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I am all in for sound Government but unfortunately it getting harder to decide which party would make better government.

I follow American Politics quite closely and oh..boy good thing that I am Canadian and do not have to decide who to vote for. As usual all parties promise the Moon but in reality fall far short.... and end up somewhere amongst the Clouds.

Peace, liberty and pursuit to hapiness and a healthy living is usually what any of us trive for.... And of course make a decent enough living to be able to buy an Elio or two.
Ok, this has been tip toeing at the line of politics; can we step back and find a better direction to take.

Thanks

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suppose that depends on your point of view. You believe the legislators actually produced the language and I believe they didn't other than where necessary to get votes. From my point of view, it's humorous. From your point of view, I suppose not.

I suspect Ford and Nisson lawyers were the primary catalysts for writing the legislation because they received the bulk of the funds so far. Even Musk may have contributed.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let's keep in mind that those "worthless" bureaucrats have a legal and ethical obligation to conduct due diligence in reviewing and (hopefully) approving Elio's application. The statute enabling and authorizing the ATVM loans does not implement itself; it merely provides general intent and purpose. The DOE's rules and procedures interpret and implement that statutory language into a program that can work for all involved.

Given the prior failures of Fisker and Vehicle Production Group, it's not at all surprising that the Feds are being very diligent and making sure everything is in order with Elio's application. Note that Solyndra was involved with a different program, and loans/grants of billions to other countries are handled by entirely separate agencies, so let's not paint all DOE and federal government workers with the same paint brush. They are regular folks like you and me, trying to do the best they can within the legal framework they operate under. And also keep in mind that when Congress passed the DOE program, it contemplated that there is an inherent risk of failure with these loans and loan guarantees, so it set aside $10B to cover such losses.

I think a silver lining is that when (not if) Elio Motors gets its loan approved, it will have gone through such a rigorous review process post-Fisker that the loan approval itself will send a strong signal to institutional investors that EM is a solid effort.

I applaud the bureaucrats that have to make the legislation work. My problem is legislators who rubber stamp constituent and donor produced legislation rather than producing it which is their responsibility.

"You have to pass the legislation to know what's in the legislation."

Does that sound like THEY produced it?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score

ATVM approval would bring investors and lenders out of the woodwork. In effect the loan guarantee not only dilutes risk for lenders, it sends a very strong message that this project is a go.

Top Bottom