• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What"s Wrong With This Picture?

paddy's wagon

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The Elio web site refused her order, stating only one Elio per household. How many Elio's are on the street anyhow? There seems to be scores of pictures of people with Elios. Is this just smoke and mirrors? Are there four generations of Elio out there? I see Gen 3 and four, what do Gen 1 and 2 look like? Is the body fiberglass or metal or something else?

Thanks,

Trying to put things in perspective.

Patrick

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The pictures you see is either promotion pictures or like my avatar which was taken at a Elio event showing. No actual Elio owners yet. Just wishful owners.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
The Elio is not in production yet so any pictures you see are from the events Elio visits or hosts to show off the prototype vehicles.

The bodies are a type of high strength composite plastic material which cover a steel chassis. This composite material is then painted the nice colors you see. This company makes the body panels: http://www.prccal.com/

There are currently three prototypes which show how the design has evolved over time. For more information and pictures of the various Elio prototypes visit this link: http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=24b371802c83d81776b06aa68&id=e32f0f9f33&e

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hailn, congratulations on reserving your Elio and welcome to the Elio family and to the forum. Here you will find plenty of information, misinformation, facts, fantasies, and entertainment. There are very many helpful and very technical people who will answer all your questions. There are several who are well know for their keen sense of humor and down to earth attitude (Zelio). Welcome and enjoy the Elio experience

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Hailn from another Louisiana "All in," Elio enthusiast! Reserved mine awhile back also. Do a lot of reading here, but not much posting. See Ya in the Big Easy come August, I hope. :-)

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hailn, congratulations on reserving your Elio and welcome to the Elio family and to the forum. Here you will find plenty of information, misinformation, facts, fantasies, and entertainment. There are very many helpful and very technical people who will answer all your questions. There are several who are well know for their keen sense of humor and down to earth attitude (Zelio). Welcome and enjoy the Elio experience

Good morning Zelio! Of the 16,000+ reservations made thus far, any feel on here for the approximate number that are truly, " All-in" at $1000? Would be only a guess, I realize, but you've been on here much longer than I: your thoughts?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Good morning Zelio! Of the 16,000+ reservations made thus far, any feel on here for the approximate number that are truly, " All-in" at $1000? Would be only a guess, I realize, but you've been on here much longer than I: your thoughts?

We should find out the answer to this question on Monday. Every monday they update the website with the reservation total and the next batch of All-In $1K production numbers will also be released this Monday. Since the production numbers are sequential the highest number we see issued will give us a pretty accurate indication of what percentage of the total reservations are All-In for $1K.

Top Bottom