• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What"s Wrong With This Picture?

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well now, should I use my crystal ball or my dowsing rods? LOL I personally believe Elio will start production when the plant is ready to go. I also strongly believe we will be well above 10,000 by October. They have ramped up the event schedule dramatically and it is already paying dividends in an increase in the number of reservations. If you look on the Reservation Forum there are some posts where spread sheets and charts have been created showing the flow of reservations. There was a big spike in January or February after the CES convention in Las Vegas. They were also on display in the vendor area at the Barrett-Jackson (I think that is the name) Auction in January or February and also in Las Vegas. The week ending May 4 they averaged 140 reservations per day. I have no way of knowing at what level these were made. I know there are others out there like me who went "all in" at $100 because that is what they can afford. That was 3/1. I am now half way to the $400 I need to upgrade to $500 (I can't upgrade to $250 or I would have already done it). I plan on doing that in July while I am in Portland seeing my Elio. Then I will start accumulating the additional $500 needed to reach $1K. I'm doing this because I believe in Elio and I need to prove to myself I can make payments on one. So there you have my very biased and definitely not humble opinion all of which is based on pure speculation. I can't wait to see what the reservation level and number release levels are tomorrow. Now if you will excuse me, I am tired and I am going to bed. LOL Good night. :) Z

My deepest and most sincere, humble apology if I've touched a nerve: NEVER did I intend to do that. I do respect your thoughts or I would never have asked a question.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My deepest and most sincere, humble apology if I've touched a nerve: NEVER did I intend to do that. I do respect your thoughts or I would never have asked a question.
It doesn't seem you've offended Z.. She wouldn't have given you the smiley. He crystal ball and dowsing rods comment was in jest as this is quite the common question and we go round and round d "Elio can't afford to start till they have 40,000 all-in" "They won't stop taking reservations till they hit their first year's production" The speculation goes on and on. One revolves around their estimated start of production daily production of 250 per day x 5 days a week x 50 weeks = 62,500 in their first year. We really don't know for sure. Either way, they have got a lot of them already on order.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Zelio is the "mother hen" of the forum and I mean that in the most respectful and appreciative manner. Couldn't find a better person to answer your questions and she keeps everyone civil and provides great entertainmentinsight, and humor.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good morning. I definitely was not offended. i will add that I do not have a crystal ball but I have been known to use dowsing rods. I've simply never thought about using them concerning the Elio. Maybe I should. LOL Having said that, I still think Elio will start production when the plant is ready. After all, they can't very well start production unless the plant is ready. And I bow to Ty's knowledge about whether they need a certain number of reservations before that. I honestly don't know enough about auto production and sales to even guess. You will definitely find a lot of people on this forum more than ready to debate that issue and many more. LOL :-) Z

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Much to do today, and, tonight, so I shall not be staying too close to the tree. Mondays and Tuesdays are always that way. :-) But will watch Elio as often as possible. Thanks all.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, Ma'am. Am 68 y/o and have played alto sax since the 6th grade. Still playing. Playing "Big Band Jazz" from the 20's, 30's, and 40's. Are you familiar with that music?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, Ma'am. Am 68 y/o and have played alto sax since the 6th grade. Still playing. Playing "Big Band Jazz" from the 20's, 30's, and 40's. Are you familiar with that music?
I'm not sure whether I know enough to know whether it is Big Band Jazz per se. The only jazz I don't enjoy is the kind that sounds like just a lot of noise played by someone who doesn't realize they've played enough already. LOL I used to love going to Tony Pacos in Toledo, OH and listen to the Cake Walkin' Jazz Band play what was called New Orleans Jazz. :-) Z

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most jazz played down in the Big Easy is of the "bluesy" version and it comes from deep down in the soul. :-) We are a 14 member band with a lot of us having played together since back in Jr. High School. We play the standards from the world war 2 years, like, In the Mood, Take the A Train, Sentimental Journey. Glenn Miller and Duke Ellington, and the list goes on. :-) know any of that music, or those artists?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, and I love jazz. Used to be a regular at the Sacramento Jazz Festival every year - over 1400 sets by over 120 groups during the Memorial Day weekend. Maybe next year I can drive my Elio from New Mexico to Sacramento to attend again

Top Bottom