• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What"s Wrong With This Picture?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good morning Zelio! Of the 16,000+ reservations made thus far, any feel on here for the approximate number that are truly, " All-in" at $1000? Would be only a guess, I realize, but you've been on here much longer than I: your thoughts?
Thank you for the compliment, Music Man, but I have only been on here since 3/6 and have only been here for one number release. When you consider that the reservation levels have jumped in the last couple of weeks, it will be very interesting to see what the numbers are this time. I wish I knew the low and high of the last release but then that is simply because I love to play with numbers. I want to think we will be close to 5000 but don't know if that is feasible. I do know they did not give us a heads up last time so people could upgrade before the release. I suspect that will boost the rate of $1K reservations considerably. I guess we will see tomorrow night. Nothing like adding a little excitement to the mix, is there. LOL :-) Z

So for the fun of it I am going to say: 5000 all in $1K, 18,000 reservations :-)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I heard that another company had differing levels of deposit and gave up counting total number of reservations when they realized that when someone would bump up their level, their system counted that as a new reservation. For example (using Elios system): A person reserving at $100, then $250, $500, and finally $1,000 would show up as 4 reservations.

Hopefully, Elio hasn't don't that!

Reaction score
Thank you for the compliment, Music Man, but I have only been on here since 3/6 and have only been here for one number release. When you consider that the reservation levels have jumped in the last couple of weeks, it will be very interesting to see what the numbers are this time. I wish I knew the low and high of the last release but then that is simply because I love to play with numbers. I want to think we will be close to 5000 but don't know if that is feasible. I do know they did not give us a heads up last time so people could upgrade before the release. I suspect that will boost the rate of $1K reservations considerably. I guess we will see tomorrow night. Nothing like adding a little excitement to the mix, is there. LOL :) Z

So for the fun of it I am going to say: 5000 all in $1K, 18,000 reservations :)

Yeah, Just for the giggles, I'll say 17,950 and 5,050 all ins.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for the compliment, Music Man, but I have only been on here since 3/6 and have only been here for one number release. When you consider that the reservation levels have jumped in the last couple of weeks, it will be very interesting to see what the numbers are this time. I wish I knew the low and high of the last release but then that is simply because I love to play with numbers. I want to think we will be close to 5000 but don't know if that is feasible. I do know they did not give us a heads up last time so people could upgrade before the release. I suspect that will boost the rate of $1K reservations considerably. I guess we will see tomorrow night. Nothing like adding a little excitement to the mix, is there. LOL :) Z

So for the fun of it I am going to say: 5000 all in $1K, 18,000 reservations :)

Okay zelio, I give up. :-) Been following the Elio website and while it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how many reservations have been made; HOW & WHERE does one find the information as to just how many "All in, $1000" reservations are made?

My number in line is #3151. Please help this country boy from the "birth" state of Elio, to understand. :-)

Thanks!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay zelio, I give up. :) Been following the Elio website and while it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how many reservations have been made; HOW & WHERE does one find the information as to just how many "All in, $1000" reservations are made?

My number in line is #3151. Please help this country boy from the "birth" state of Elio, to understand. :)

Thanks!
To my knowledge, that information has not been provided. Anyone out there able to help us with this?

BTW, if you are under the impression I am one of the staff, I am not. I am simply a friendly lady who likes to welcome people to this fun forum. :-) Z

Reaction score
To my knowledge, that information has not been provided. Anyone out there able to help us with this?

BTW, if you are under the impression I am one of the staff, I am not. I am simply a friendly lady who likes to welcome people to this fun forum. :) Z

We can only guess with the new 'all iners' reporting their numbers on the different elio chat boards. I know until tomorrow the highest number reported is 3338 or 3339.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We can only guess with the new 'all iners' reporting their numbers on the different elio chat boards. I know until tomorrow the highest number reported is 3338 or 3339.
If you take your 3338 and compare that to the total number of reservations as of the last time numbers were given out, you'll get a ratio which should line up fairly well. I think the last batch went out March 6th...
So, 3,338 / total reservations as of March 6th = ?

I'm typing on my Kindle or else I'd be able to see the answer in my last graph.

Edit:
3,338/11,704 = 28.5% are all in at $1,000
So, last week, 16,822... plus, say 150 per day= 17,872 total and 5,094 will be at the all-in level. I'll bet the highest number we see is 5,094 till the next next batch.

Last edited:

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I heard that another company had differing levels of deposit and gave up counting total number of reservations when they realized that when someone would bump up their level, their system counted that as a new reservation. For example (using Elios system): A person reserving at $100, then $250, $500, and finally $1,000 would show up as 4 reservations.

Hopefully, Elio hasn't don't that!

Agreed or they'd be on the hook for (4) Elios!!!!..................... :eek:

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score

BTW, if you are under the impression I am one of the staff, I am not. I am simply a friendly lady who likes to welcome people to this fun forum. :) Z

Thank you for your reply "friendly Lady." I think I understand the formula being used. Please hang with me as I advance this question to the next level: assuming that the "all in" number moves to 5094 today, and this is now May, WHAT number do you think they have in mind BEFORE they actually totally comit themselves and decide to start production???? In other words; IF by October or November comes around and they only have , maybe 10,000 or so ALL-INS, will they still proceed with production next year? What do you think their "cut off & stop" number is?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply "friendly Lady." I think I understand the formula being used. Please hang with me as I advance this question to the next level: assuming that the "all in" number moves to 5094 today, and this is now May, WHAT number do you think they have in mind BEFORE they actually totally comit themselves and decide to start production???? In other words; IF by October or November comes around and they only have , maybe 10,000 or so ALL-INS, will they still proceed with production next year? What do you think their "cut off & stop" number is?
Well now, should I use my crystal ball or my dowsing rods? LOL I personally believe Elio will start production when the plant is ready to go. I also strongly believe we will be well above 10,000 by October. They have ramped up the event schedule dramatically and it is already paying dividends in an increase in the number of reservations. If you look on the Reservation Forum there are some posts where spread sheets and charts have been created showing the flow of reservations. There was a big spike in January or February after the CES convention in Las Vegas. They were also on display in the vendor area at the Barrett-Jackson (I think that is the name) Auction in January or February and also in Las Vegas. The week ending May 4 they averaged 140 reservations per day. I have no way of knowing at what level these were made. I know there are others out there like me who went "all in" at $100 because that is what they can afford. That was 3/1. I am now half way to the $400 I need to upgrade to $500 (I can't upgrade to $250 or I would have already done it). I plan on doing that in July while I am in Portland seeing my Elio. Then I will start accumulating the additional $500 needed to reach $1K. I'm doing this because I believe in Elio and I need to prove to myself I can make payments on one. So there you have my very biased and definitely not humble opinion all of which is based on pure speculation. I can't wait to see what the reservation level and number release levels are tomorrow. Now if you will excuse me, I am tired and I am going to bed. LOL Good night. :-) Z

Top Bottom