• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Will You Trade In?

2ndrew

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been a thread yet, but IF the Elio does start getting produced sometime in 2016, will you be trading in one of your current vehicles for the Elio?

I actually just bought an old Mazda Protege5 to learn how to drive manual since I want a manual Elio. I'll most likely trade it in (or sell it if there aren't trade-ins) to put towards my Elio...

userexec

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Definitely getting rid of my '05 Ford Freestyle for the Elio. I like the Freestyle. It's got tons of room and is super comfy. Everything folds down so it can store truly massive amounts of cargo. That said, I have an old F-150 that's better at that, so there's no reason to haul around a couple extra thousand pounds of Freestyle all the time when I could be having more fun for less money in the Elio. Plus I'd bet anything the Elio won't eat A-arms so stupidly fast.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I've never heard mention of any type of trade-in program.
I would think you'd do better selling your vehicle.
Plus I don't think they'd want a bunch of old cars sitting around the retail stores or dispatch centers.

Now if you wanted to trade straight across, an Elio for a Lambo, Porsche, Ferrari and the like, they would probably consider it.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At this moment, I would not trade in. It will be an and car for me because my current car is in excellent mechanical shape, but 9 years old with high mileage (186k) so taxes and insurance are real low. If I had a different car it might be a different situation.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
we most certainly don't need another vehicle .... we have 2000 Buick Park Avenue (110,000 miles), 2005 Chevy Trailblazer (78,000 miles), 2007 Freightliner Sportchassis (120,000 miles), and 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 (75,000 miles) .... all are kept in good mechanical condition .... based on our history, the Sportchassis should be good for more miles than we will live long enough to put on it .... we anticipate the others to go a minimum of 250,000 miles .... we are getting an Elio because we want one and like the others, plan to use it until the wheels fall off, at which time we will put them back on .... using it should add years of service to all but the Sportchassis ..... in short, baring an accident that totals one the others, it could be the last vehicle we buy

Keith Dahl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been carless by choice for a half year now and am waiting for my Elio which will be my 'only" car. I do everything I need to do on motorcycles now and envision selling one of them when its Elio time. I'm storing a trailer on my lot for a neighbor and he would let me borrow a vehicle if I needed one. I haven't had to yet. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• image1 (3).JPG
    image1 (3).JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 166

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I never assumed for a moment that Elio would accept trade-ins . But now that I've given it some thought , it could be a smart move for them . Used cars fetch more $ than new cars . Elio could partner with CarMax and glean consignment dollars from every sale . They could also partner with a major Insurance co and collect on every policy written . There are many profit centers for Elio to explore once they begin building vehicles .

Top Bottom