• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Would You Like To See Added Or Changed To The Site?

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You might be talking about me, but I have kind of a thick skin.
It's kind of like the 1st Amendment.
It isn't there to protect the speech we like.
It's there to protect the speech that we don't like.
Some people say things that I don't like.
But I will stand up for their right to say them.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You might be talking about me, but I have kind of a thick skin.
It's kind of like the 1st Amendment.
It isn't there to protect the speech we like.
It's there to protect the speech that we don't like.
Some people say things that I don't like.
But I will stand up for their right to say them.
Thick skinned people are cool. Naw, you'r good. (always found you to have -good purpose-)
There is a limit to anything.
For example, it's pretty reasonable to require businesses to limit advertising space, and not blare music out on the public street.
The web has made some issues more acute, it's become possible to overburden by having your signal-to-noise level raised too high to function.
But the web can also give you personal tools to control your exposure. That's democratic too, and still allows your standup in public.

It's like taking ear plugs into the town hall. You certainly have the right to put them in anytime you want. Of course I'm not including the 'compromise' above in that. That IS a heavy handed tool.

Last edited:

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is talking about you on this subject WilliamH. :)
Isn't there an app for that? I recently downloaded an app from the Google Play Store called "Calls Blacklist", on my smartphone. Best free app I ever downloaded. Once you put in a number to be black listed, they can never call you again, unless you remove their number from the list. It even gives you a log of when they tried to call you. Your phone doesn't even ring when they try to call you. Now if I could only get it on my home phone, I would be a happy person. As for banning people from this forum, I'm totally against it. We are all adults here. If you don't care what someone has to say, ignore them. How boring would it be here, if we all thought alike? My only problem is when someone goes after the person, and not the post. Those are the folks I choose to put on my ignore list.

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL Hey Eddie I have something like that on my phone too, it's called Mr. Number. It will block text msgs too and you can block whole area codes/prefixes and then and an exception if you have 1 or 2 numbers that are okay in that area.......

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL Hey Eddie I have something like that on my phone too, it's called Mr. Number. It will block text msgs too and you can block whole area codes/prefixes and then and an exception if you have 1 or 2 numbers that are okay in that area.......
Sounds like a similar app. Mine does all you mentioned.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Too bad it can't be like Reddit and have the ability to "shadow ban" someone. By that, moderators can "ban" someone. The user won't be able to tell they are banned, but non of their content is visible to anyone but themselves. Useful in that people who know they are banned often create new profiles to continue their behavior.

mag44

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Ban, ban, ban. You folks sound more and more like Liberals and ISIS everyday.
THE TITLE OF THIS FORUM IS " elioowners.com". That should stand for free speech on all sides of the Elio.
Start with no one is an Elio Owner and everyone who post to this site should be able to take whatever side they want
on the Elio. This is not a private club where only YES people are allowed. If it is I suggest you change the title and charge a fee
to join.

Top Bottom