• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What's This Crap?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yea Zelio, The commissioner's name is Stephanie Lynch. Nissan maybe might be moving there or someplace else from Tennessee...... Elio has the agreement to lease 1/3 or 1/4 of the plant but now might be forced to 'move' to the ATT building....... The entity that bought the plant out from under Elio using Caddo Parish's money is not the entity who owns it now ............. or who is in charge of leasing it out..... or is leasing it and will be sub-leasing it. Politics WAHOO! How many commissioner does this 'parish' have anyways? I've counted 14 mentioned. Freaking weird. This isn't a mud hole it's a Louisiana bog.

And another thing. Did Elio 'buy' the equipment in the plant or was it 'given' to him? Did Elio put money down on the lease, does he have a 'signed lease' and with who? And with the transfer of owner entities and leasing entities and 'in charge entities is the contract with Elio voided or still in effect?

Naw, I'm not assuming anything. I got faith in Paul Elio and his team. Now, I'm going to get off my soap box and get back on my knees.
Ah yes, the lovely Stephanie Lynch. That is the one. I know of all the commissioners, she was the only one who was against Paul Elio so she had to file her law suit as a private citizen. I suspect you are right about this being a Louisiana Bog. As I understand it, Elio bought the equipment out right. At least that is what I have read in more than one place. Also, Stu Leichter (sp?) is head of the group that has the lease for the entire facility and is also on the Elio Motors Board of Directors. His group is the one Elio has the lease from. Other than that, I know no-thing! LOL :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Could you please share the names of these entities?
Will you believe me if I tell you it is all on the forum some place? I know because I have reported it before with all the names, groups, etc. I simply do not remember all the convoluted details. I'm not even going to plead age. There is simply so much information in my brain concerning Elio, I have a hard time keeping it all straight. Sorry.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Will you believe me if I tell you it is all on the forum some place? I know because I have reported it before with all the names, groups, etc. I simply do not remember all the convoluted details. I'm not even going to plead age. There is simply so much information in my brain concerning Elio, I have a hard time keeping it all straight. Sorry.
Zelio, this probably isn't the appropriare thread but probably no one is as familiar with the content of the forum than you. I congratulated you on your 1000 post. I think most of us missed the fact that you are our first ELIO ADDICT. Congratulations on this achievement and distinction.

creekstone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And another thing. Did Elio 'buy' the equipment in the plant or was it 'given' to him? Did Elio put money down on the lease, does he have a 'signed lease' and with who? And with the transfer of owner entities and leasing entities and 'in charge entities is the contract with Elio voided or still in effect?

It is my understanding that Elio Motors bought the equipment in a separate deal. I gleamed this from the minutes of a Caddo Parrish Economic Development Meeting.

"She <Ms. Lynch> also inquired about the value of the equipment that was sold to Elio Motors. Mr. Rasher <RACER Trust> said that the value was $26 million, and it was all sold to Elio Motors. Elio Motors paid $3 million six months ago; the next payment that is due is the $2.2 million payment for equipment. Three months
later, a payment of approximately $175,000 per month is to be paid. The final payment should be made approximately 30 months from now."
August 2013

http://www.caddo.org/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Minutes/08022013-145

I have not seen evidence of a signed contract between IRG/Shreveport Business Park and Elio Motors. But I have seen some of the legal instruments between Racer Trust, Caddo Parrish, and IRG. I'm no lawyer, but they seemed to indicate some sort of binding agreement.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Zelio, this probably isn't the appropriare thread but probably no one is as familiar with the content of the forum than you. I congratulated you on your 1000 post. I think most of us missed the fact that you are our first ELIO ADDICT. Congratulations on this achievement and distinction.
I started this thread. This is exactly what the thread is about. WOW Congrats Zelio!

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I'm on Stephanie Lynch's side. Government should not be in the business of buying things to give to companies. I mean give as selling at far under market value.

My pet peeve however is government built sports centers that are gifted to teams.

Top Bottom