• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What's Your Production Number? - Share You Number With Everyone On This Thread!

Saptim

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I got my number last night...
for 1000 all in on Aug 19 2014
7590... which works out to the 16th day of producion ...based on the startup target of 500 per day.
so if you guys who have waited much longer than I can hold out I can sit out the extra couple of days
not happily ... and perhaps not quietly ... but I can
t

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
For those of you wondering how long it will take to recieve your vehicles we have a thread dedicated to this information:

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/how-long-do-i-have-to-wait-after-production-begins.2820/

This is a post on that thread which sums up what we know about production and how it will ramp up:
Silas Sunday produced this great production estimate graph and posted it today to EMOA on Facebook. This pretty much matches what we have been told by Elio Motors in their blog and also what Paul Elio described in the Town Hall meeting while extrapolating a proper ramping up of production instead of just producing hundreds of Elios per shift on day one.
elip-production-estimate-jpg.2270.jpg

The blue line is line/shift 1, orange is line/shifts 1 & 2, green is both lines/shifts 1 & 2 @ 100%
...The numbers at the top are the running total of cars produced. The numbers at the bottom are number of days after the start of production. So if you look at the bottom at say 80 days, you can look up and see 15,600 cars made after 80 days. Then to the left, are the number of cars produced per day. In the 80 day example, you look at the graph, follow it over to the left, and they hope to be making about 475 cars per day after 80 production days.

In this blog post, dated April 11, EM stated that those who made an all-in reservation on that day would have to wait about 5-7 weeks after production begins to receive their new vehicle.
Q. I have an All In reservation for ($100, $500, $1000 etc.), when can I get my Elio?
  • The reservation system is set up to allow for vehicles to be delivered in the following order: $1,000 All In, $500 All In, $250 All In, $100 All In then on to the $1000 Want In, $500 Want In, $250 Want In and finally the $100 Want In group. The date and time your transaction was completed locks in your spot, which includes moving up to a higher level with and upgrade of your All In reservation. It is difficult to forecast when a certain level will get their Elio. The only one that we can “guesstimate” right now is the $1000 All in group because they know their spot in line. If you were to make a $1000 All In reservation today we are estimating that you would receive a vehicle 5-7 weeks after production starts next year.
    http://blog.eliomotors.com/readers-choice-friday/
We happen to have a member, Zarquon, who made his All In $1K reservation on April 11 and his number is 3686 so this gives us some good insight into how slowly EM expects production to ramp up.

Also in the recent town hall meeting Paul Elio told us that in order to build 250,000 vehicles a year there will be two shifts working five days a week producing 500 vehicles per shift. So this is 1,000 vehicles per day over 250 work days per year which is what you would expect when you deduct holidays from the work calendar. These numbers also equal the 250,000 per year production number which we have been told about repeatedly.

We also happen to have a member, Ty, who is an Industrial Engineer who worked at the GM Shreveport plant, and he tells us that GM ran their stations timed so that each station took no longer than 54 seconds. If you run the numbers you will find that if Elio Motors also used that same station timing they could produced 500 vehicles in only 7.5 hours. This tells us that 500 vehicles per shift is not an unrealistic production number at all especially considering that each and every vehicle will be identical other than paint color and choice of transmission.

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Might have to rethink dropping the remaining money to get to 1K. Possibly if it continued the same by production time it would be double that number could be in @1K non refund

I fully expect that once the vehicle development program really gets cranking the reservations will continue to rise steadily. Once we start getting engine news, then P5/E0 news, followed by E series pre-production vehicles starting to roll out and undergo testing media coverage will start becoming more frequent and more positive about the project which will drive reservation levels much higher.

I don't know what the cut off for the first model year production level will be however the highest number I have heard from EM directly is 68K and we are already more than half way there. I do expect them to do as they have said and close reservations on the first model year after a certain amount however I do not expect them to turn away paying customers but instead to simply start taking orders for the second model year and my guess these will only be non-refundable $1K reservations so scheduling production numbers will be easier.

Top Bottom