• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wheel Fenders, Fairings, Skirts, Covers

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
7HgiGOk.jpg
Very nice rendering. Have you calculated width from centerline to outside of fender?

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I want the full fenders, but with the entire fender done as the main part is, without the black part at the back. (1) It looks better (2) I expect it could be painted better.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I want the full fenders, but with the entire fender done as the main part is, without the black part at the back. (1) It looks better (2) I expect it could be painted better.
You could do it custom after the fact. Given that they'd need two kinds of paint and introduce a nightmare of problems and complaints plus raise production costs I doubt you ever see them one color from the factory,

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Two tone from the factory? Absolutely not. But a single piece fender would definitely makes things easier and better looking.
The black parts would require a flexible paint. it would lead to all kinds of issues keeping the halves the same tone. It can be done it just adds to cost. The black parts are removable for tire service. Painting them will make them fragile meaning they'd have to put up with a lot of customer complaints.

We naturally don't know what's going to happen but cost/benefit says they'll remain black even if you opt for "Marshmallow" .

Ryan

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given that you only have to remove 4 bolts to take off the entire fender, I don't see the maintenance advantage in being able to just remove the back plastic.
As much as I enjoy using tools, needing to use them to check tire pressures would get real old real fast! :eek:

Top Bottom