• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wheel Fenders, Fairings, Skirts, Covers

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Major
|ˈmājər|adjective1 [ attrib. ] important, serious, or significant: Adding Fix-A-Flat to a tire is a major problem.

Maybe roll the tire a few inches to a couple of feet?
The circumference of a 15" tire is somewhere around 6.5 feet so maybe as much as 4 feet or so. depending on where the valve stem is to begin with 4 feet could hide it an the other side. I suppose one could just put it in neutral and push it around:rolleyes:

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The circumference of a 15" tire is somewhere around 6.5 feet so maybe as much as 4 feet or so. depending on where the valve stem is to begin with 4 feet could hide it an the other side. I suppose one could just put it in neutral and push it around:rolleyes:
Yup. :)
6.28318530717959 feet

Last edited:

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A major ordeal? Talking about defining things down!
I'm going to see if I can get an Elio team member to define exactly what they mean by "OPTIONS" with regard to the fenders. I'll be in Okie City this afternoon. If 3Card makes it with his 20 questions, and the questions I have.....They may never want to set foot in OK again!

HoofHearted

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
6.28318530717959 feet
With consideration that the situation may be that the tire is completely flat making it difficult to roll and the possibility that the bead seal could be broken. In some cases maybe a jack could be used to lift the wheel so that it could spin to where the fix-a-flat could be used. Will the Elio come with a jack ?

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With consideration that the situation may be that the tire is completely flat making it difficult to roll and the possibility that the bead seal could be broken. In some cases maybe a jack could be used to lift the wheel so that it could spin to where the fix-a-flat could be used. Will the Elio come with a jack ?
If the engine is still running maybe it could be powered to achieve the needed placement without any physical effort.
AAA or cary a small jack. Elio may supply one. It really shouldn't be that big a deal for anyone who is accustomed to driving and is prepared for such an emergency, or inconvienience.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just asking.
Has anyone ever actually seen anyone (uninvited), sittting on an exposed
th-17.jpeg
th-16.jpeg
th-18.jpeg

fender or fairing?
In 50 years of operating motorized vehicles and aircraft I can't recall one instance.

Last edited:

HoofHearted

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm going to see if I can get an Elio team member to define exactly what they mean by "OPTIONS" with regard to the fenders. I'll be in Okie City this afternoon. If 3Card makes it with his 20 questions, and the questions I have.....They may never want to set foot in OK again!
We all look forward to seeing lots of pics and maybe a youtube video.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
6.28318530717959 feet
I am better at word problems than any of YOU!
Why? because i know that a FLAT 15" tire will roll significantly less distance than a non-flat tire and the range in degrees that the valve stem will be exposed also needs to be subtracted.

What do I win?

Top Bottom