• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wheel Fenders, Fairings, Skirts, Covers

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I only have a public math education, put would not the max distance need to expose the valve stem only be half the circumference of the tire?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Flats........no fear! I'm thinking about a set of Michelin's new Airless Motorcycle Tyres that will offer a variety of tyre color options that should compliment my Elio color preference. I hope they fit!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 211

BrianRosenthal

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I only have a public math education, put would not the max distance need to expose the valve stem only be half the circumference of the tire?

Only if you know where the valve stem is, and therefore which way to roll the tire. :)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I sure am glad I own a cell phone and have AAA membership. I haven't had a flat tire in decades but if I do, they will have to handle it. In fact the real spare tire in my trunk has never been used. :-) Z

Now if I get a flat tire today, I am going to be really pissed. It will be the fault of all you guys who are worrying about getting a flat tire in our Elios! LOL

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just asking.
Has anyone ever actually seen anyone (uninvited), sittting on an exposed
View attachment 653 View attachment 654 View attachment 655
fender or fairing?
In 50 years of operating motorized vehicles and aircraft I can't recall one instance.
Me either. I've been in groups where we were standing around and someone would lean against a car but never just up and sit on one. I'm sure it happens - just not in my realm of experience (however slight that may be)

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am better at word problems than any of YOU!
Why? because i know that a FLAT 15" tire will roll significantly less distance than a non-flat tire and the range in degrees that the valve stem will be exposed also needs to be subtracted.

What do I win?

The stem is on the wheel. The rotation in degrees will be the same as the tire but traveling distance of the stem will be less than the tire tread. :)
Are we talking in circles? :p

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:pLOL, Zelio. Maybe they'll put the tire stem on the inside where you can see more of the tire at once. Maybe we can arrange to only get flat tires when the stem is visible... (oops... keyboard slip there...)

Last edited:
Top Bottom