• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wheel Fenders, Fairings, Skirts, Covers

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Then again you could just run with a knife, and jack that sumbitch up and spin the tire till the valve stem comes around.
6a00df351efa8888330162fbebcc9c970d-320wi.png

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Curious to know from somebody that has actually sat behind the wheel of the Elio if any part of the front fenders are visible from the drivers seat? Perhaps this has been mentioned but haven't been able to find it. Thanks in advance.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Curious to know from somebody that has actually sat behind the wheel of the Elio if any part of the front fenders are visible from the drivers seat? Perhaps this has been mentioned but haven't been able to find it. Thanks in advance.
You'll want a post directly from a sitter, but from the photos I've seen, no. You have to lean over towards the window to see the fenders/shrouds based on the photos.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Two people who have sat in the Elio for sure are H2odog and Ralphe. They also strike me as people who are most likely to notice something like that. Good Luck Glad your still here! :-) Z

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Two people who have sat in the Elio for sure are H2odog and Ralphe. They also strike me as people who are most likely to notice something like that. Good Luck Glad your still here! :) Z
Thanks! I'm a considerate but crusty old dude that can take a lot of crap! In this latest photo it looks as though the fenders may not be visible at all from the drivers seat. I test drove a Plymouth Prowler decades ago........and could not see the fenders over the looooong front end. It was a little disconcerting when pulling into or backing out of tight parking spaces. It's not a big deal but was curious to hear from a sitter.

image.jpg

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm a considerate but crusty old dude that can take a lot of crap! In this latest photo it looks as though the fenders may not be visible at all from the drivers seat. I test drove a Plymouth Prowler decades ago........and could not see the fenders over the looooong front end. It was a little disconcerting when pulling into or backing out of tight parking spaces. It's not a big deal but was curious to hear from a sitter.

View attachment 714
Have you seen the Elio parked next to other vehicles from above? LOL I think if you can find that picture in here somewhere you will realize there isn't much to worry about. I believe the Prowler was normal car width. Remember the Elio is 1/2 a car width. That makes a big difference even with the fenders outside the body of the car. I'll see if I can figure out how to search for that picture. Someone actually posted it again this past week but I don't remember who. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 714
Here you go:
https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.09/10150535_705235019541373_2099046296_n.jpg
Also in the Photos and Videos: Through view & Parking lot

Top Bottom