• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wheel Fenders, Fairings, Skirts, Covers

GaPawn

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
In Utah fenders are not required. Are they required in your state?

Hmmmm, I'm not sure they're required in this state, but as much as it rains here in Georgia, you'd be constantly slinging water and mud everywhere without fenders.

Someone here has an avatar that looks a LOT like fenders off an Indian motorcycle. That's my first choice! I loves me some swoopy fenders like Indian had!!!!! :cool:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmmm, I'm not sure they're required in this state, but as much as it rains here in Georgia, you'd be constantly slinging water and mud everywhere without fenders.

Someone here has an avatar that looks a LOT like fenders off an Indian motorcycle. That's my first choice! I loves me some swoopy fenders like Indian had!!!!! :cool:
The Indian Fenders are an option as I recall........and are my preference too.

aknaten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With those outrigger wheels there is a good possibility that driving through a puddle with the window down will spray the driver. Even with the wheel skirts water and other "stuff" will have chance of getting thrown through the window. Which is why I will probably be driving with the windows up...

Moderator Comment: Merged into existing thread
We were all dressed up, going to a wedding, my grandfather sitting next to me in the front passenger seat, while I was driving my '62 VW Bug. Stopped at a light, windows down as it was summer, near a puddle of water in the street from a recent thunderstorm. An oncoming car turns, splashes a load of water into my face. Granddad laughed and laughed. And laughed.

Ronald Levesque

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow got my $100 dollar shirt & bumper sticker today and last night read all 29 pages of this fender thread.....Doing all that makes me all in because today I slept all day!

I'll take my Eilo anyway I can get it because last year I pretty much gave up driving and also gave up any hope I'd ever be able to afford another vehicle, then along came Elio.

Till now, I'd like to think I've lived my life in the fast lane so the way I look at is....By the time this vehicle rolls of the assembly line I'll either be 64 or buried by then so just getting to see it sitting in my driveway will be good enough for me.

Living on a small fixed income
Ron in sunny Florida

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome Ronald! I'm 67 and just switching over to the fast lane so I need to be driving my Elio. My reason for buying an Elio is pure fun.................your reason is much better......the way to get back to driving.......... an affordable and FUNctional Elio!

fpelsdca

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello Ron, and Contrats on your new shirt and bumper sticker. Thank you for your first post. There is soooooooooooooo much here on this forum. It took me Waaayyyyy tooooooooo many hours to get through it all, but I tried to get caught up as much as I could. Now I go in at least once each day, sometimes several times, and check "NEW POSTS" and read all the new stuff. Good Luck.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow got my $100 dollar shirt & bumper sticker today and last night read all 29 pages of this fender thread.....Doing all that makes me all in because today I slept all day! I'll take my Eilo anyway I can get it because last year I pretty much gave up driving and also gave up any hope I'd ever be able to afford another vehicle, then along came Elio.Till now, I'd like to think I've lived my life in the fast lane so the way I look at is....By the time this vehicle rolls of the assembly line I'll either be 64 or buried by then so just getting to see it sitting in my driveway will be good enough for me. Living on a small fixed income. Ron in sunny Florida

Ronald, congratulations for joining the Elio revolution and welcome to the forum where you will find the latest information on the development and production of the Elio. The forum has information on nearly every question you may have and even some you would never ask. We are a friendly helpful bunch so if you can't find an answer, just ask. Looking forward to your comments and participation in the forum.

CHUCK G.

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Wow got my $100 dollar shirt & bumper sticker today and last night read all 29 pages of this fender thread.....Doing all that makes me all in because today I slept all day!

I'll take my Eilo anyway I can get it because last year I pretty much gave up driving and also gave up any hope I'd ever be able to afford another vehicle, then along came Elio.

Till now, I'd like to think I've lived my life in the fast lane so the way I look at is....By the time this vehicle rolls of the assembly line I'll either be 64 or buried by then so just getting to see it sitting in my driveway will be good enough for me.

Living on a small fixed income
Ron in sunny Florida
Welcome Ron, I will be waiting right along with you to see EM take shape.

Top Bottom