• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wheel Fenders, Fairings, Skirts, Covers

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With these fenders i am guessing you cant chain up?
Wrong. There is a discussion of that in one of the Tech Talks, I believe. I'm sure you will run across it as you read the posts but you might try the search and see if it comes up that way for you. I know I have seen it somewhere I just don't remember where. They even verified that there was enough room between the tire and the fender to allow for chains. :-) Z

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wrong. There is a discussion of that in one of the Tech Talks, I believe. I'm sure you will run across it as you read the posts but you might try the search and see if it comes up that way for you. I know I have seen it somewhere I just don't remember where. They even verified that there was enough room between the tire and the fender to allow for chains. :) Z
Thanks, I'm glad there was a thread for those that need that information. I probably won't need any chains here in New Mexico

HoofHearted

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
NOTICE: This is not a very serious subject, if you can not approach the subject matter light heartedly do not read any further.;)

I know pretty much everyone has witnessed when a group of people congregate near parked cars, one or more ends up hopping on the fender or hood of a car whether these individuals owns this vehicle or not. Now picture this group of monk@ys surrounded this shinny new Elio and your wheel fender is right there in the open and just the right height for someone's butt to sit on. I propose we add two of the following on top of each fender.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846

Yes, I have too much time on my hands, and will get worse as the wait continues.:D
These pair of fake rubber dog turds would do nicely.

davekealey

Elio Fan
Reaction score
My, my...after several hours of 'cruising' through these 22 pages, I NEED A DRINK!-- MORE THAN ONE!! Everyone has certainly covered as many facets of the damned fenders as can be covered, I would assume. I, personally, appreciate BOTH fender types, so I will have to find out how to get the 'hot rod' fenders when, and where, available. Simple. Use the 'P4' fender enclosures when doing road trips.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My, my...after several hours of 'cruising' through these 22 pages, I NEED A DRINK!-- MORE THAN ONE!! Everyone has certainly covered as many facets of the damned fenders as can be covered, I would assume. I, personally, appreciate BOTH fender types, so I will have to find out how to get the 'hot rod' fenders when, and where, available. Simple. Use the 'P4' fender enclosures when doing road trips.
Congratulations! You are the first one to make that suggestion. LOL I think it is brilliant! LOL :-) Z

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The key to F1 is controlling and managing drag. They want airflow to be smooth and not turbulent which keeps the car well balanced while at the same time providing the necessary downforce, in the just the right places, to allow for some amazing car handling. Engineering this aerodynamic balancing act is extremely difficult not to mention expensive.

no kidding? You did read what I posted right and the link. You know the part about handling.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
no kidding? You did read what I posted right and the link. You know the part about handling.

Most people have never heard of DRS and drag coefficients and frontal area numbers don't mean much to them either. I was expanding on the information in a concise and simplistic way so everyone in the thread, racing fans or not, could have a basic understanding of the aerodynamic principals behind designing F1 cars.

Top Bottom