• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wheel Fenders, Fairings, Skirts, Covers

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My, my...after several hours of 'cruising' through these 22 pages, I NEED A DRINK!-- MORE THAN ONE!! Everyone has certainly covered as many facets of the damned fenders as can be covered, I would assume. I, personally, appreciate BOTH fender types, so I will have to find out how to get the 'hot rod' fenders when, and where, available. Simple. Use the 'P4' fender enclosures when doing road trips.
I was just reading the next page of this thread and thought "They should be cheap enough and they only have 4 easy bolts holding them on, why not have a couple of fenders for different occassions?". Then, I ran across your post and there it was! I don't know why someone else hasn't said it first.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Goofyone, have I been asleep because I don't recall the page number being highlighted in green before.

The forum founder and administrator, Okuma Steve, is in the process of a number of software updates and eventually a new theme for this forum. You will be seeing a number of changes over the next little while with some being major and some being minor.

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most people have never heard of DRS and drag coefficients and frontal area numbers don't mean much to them either. I was expanding on the information in a concise and simplistic way so everyone in the thread, racing fans or not, could have a basic understanding of the aerodynamic principals behind designing F1 cars.

So you explained to them what F1 is than right? Because wothout explaining what F1 is in a simplistic way. ......Hilarious!!

dgruis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Drag Co-efficient - I love the air flow examples of Drag Co-efficient shown in the following YouTube video from Ohio University.

Elio is the only vehicle that values the physics of air flow more than aesthetics:

@ 1:06 shape of bicycle helmet
@1:56 reason for shape of the Elio, and maybe the fenders
@ 4:28 Drag Co-efficient of a sphere
@ 6:30 air glow around an object
@ 9:10 why signs flop in the wind

Top Bottom