• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wheels & Tires

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like most other original equipment tires they are available from many companies. I rarely replace the factory tires with the same brand. I usually upgrade to a better tire if one is available.
I rarely use the same brand either. However, my replacement choice is a little different. The conversation with the tire store usually starts out with "give me the cheapest tires that will fit on my rims!"

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think it will be a motorcycle tire--makes no sense. I think Cooper is developing a narrow section width tire appropriate to a 1200 lb car. 90 mm would be very 'sporty' and 80 mm would be perfectly adequate.

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A motorcycle tire would work just fine, but like others have said won't last long at all...I dislike motorcycle tires so much I'm running a car tire on my Valkyrie, with a motorcycle back tire on the front (has deeper tread design, thus longer life).. I don't think there will be any problem finding a car tire that will fit and work well on the Elio.

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think it will be a motorcycle tire--makes no sense. I think Cooper is developing a narrow section width tire appropriate to a 1200 lb car. 90 mm would be very 'sporty' and 80 mm would be perfectly adequate.
Developing a new tire only appropriate to one car kind of defeats the idea of "off-the-shelf parts to reduce costs" doesn't it?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Developing a new tire only appropriate to one car kind of defeats the idea of "off-the-shelf parts to reduce costs" doesn't it?

They are not actually developing a new tire just using a tire designed for small and light cars and until now only used outside the USA.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom