• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wheels

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Look at the wheel covers. How are you going to check pressure or add air if you have the optional tpms, without removing them? If the valve is on the inside it should be accessible. I don't know it it would clear the caliper.
The rear wheel is going to be a pain neither way. I'm probably going with the tpms anyway. I have it on my smart and it has saved me more times than I thought it would.
It's a good point. Maybe EM will come up with a quick but secure release system for the fenders and rear skirt to permit easy access to the tire valve.

Earl LaSitis

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
This is the address to the wheel maker if you look at the selection you will be surprised. My friend owns a Stallion Trike with special wheels and tires made only for that bike and the cost is around $300.00 a tire to replace. I hope that this isn't going to be the same with Elio. Has any one looked at the wheels on the one they drive? Looks like no mag wheels for this car after looking at this manufacture site.
download_pdf1.gif
2-3 WHEELERS
Steel Strips Group Home | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
S.C.O. 49-50, Sector - 26, Madhya Marg, © Copyright 2015, Steel Strips Wheels Limited
Chandigarh - 160 019, India

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The wheels are not going to be that big of a deal. The front fenders are held on with 2 screws and the rear wheel open the door and and check. It is not like you are going to be doing this everyday. If you have the TPMS it will tell you which tire is low and then beep the horn when you fill it to the proper pressure. There is no need to have anything specially made it is no biggie.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is the address to the wheel maker if you look at the selection you will be surprised. My friend owns a Stallion Trike with special wheels and tires made only for that bike and the cost is around $300.00 a tire to replace. I hope that this isn't going to be the same with Elio. Has any one looked at the wheels on the one they drive? Looks like no mag wheels for this car after looking at this manufacture site.
download_pdf1.gif
2-3 WHEELERS
Steel Strips Group Home | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
S.C.O. 49-50, Sector - 26, Madhya Marg, © Copyright 2015, Steel Strips Wheels Limited
Chandigarh - 160 019, India
Don't they have mag wheels in India ?
http://www.indiamarks.com/wp-content/uploads/Upcoming-Small-Cars-in-India-in-2011.jpg

Earl LaSitis

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
They do but if you look at two and three wheeler on there site you can see what I mean I guess it depends how the wheels are configured and lug nut location.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Look at the wheel covers. How are you going to check pressure or add air if you have the optional tpms, without removing them? If the valve is on the inside it should be accessible. I don't know it it would clear the caliper.
The rear wheel is going to be a pain neither way. I'm probably going with the tpms anyway. I have it on my smart and it has saved me more times than I thought it would.
Where are the stems on your Smart?

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do wonder how much less going with Steel Strips in India for the wheels was than a US manufacturer. I would think some company in the US would be hungry enough to come close to the price.

I will start a poll, wondering how much more people would be willing to pay to raise the North American content from 90% to perhaps 95%? Or would they pay even more for US content/jobs since NA also includes Canada and Mexico? I am willing to pay a small percentage to create new jobs in the US, but not as much as I would like to think I would, LOL.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Earl LaSitis

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Todays world in the auto industry a majority of the cars parts are made all over the world. Just look at the Air bag issue and a lot of the
electronic devices. I would like to see this car be made of all US company's too I just don't think it can happen. I will be surprised if the wheels iare the only thing that isn't made here. I like your idea USA.

Top Bottom