• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When Do You Think The Elio Will Hit The Streets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
John, I'd like to start a 'conversation' about this in regards to Pop-Sci and Pop-Mech. You're definitely more of a wordsmith than I, and would like to come up with something that would peak their interest enough to do their own research...not just pull articles off the web and recycle them. It's (EM) definitely right up both their alleys, and I just want to nudge them enough to want to investigate it for themselves. (Not to mention, if they make the covers, I'll have framed copys of both hanging in my garage ;)....a centerfold would be sweet!).

I've got kind of a mess here at work, so my time is limited this week.
Sounds like fun! And we can put your member name here to optimal use. :D

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I say they will start rolling off the production line on December 1st of 2016. (found it interesting reading the 3 pages in this thread)
I made this prediction on March 12, 2015. I was wrong. LOL
Updating it 1 year. December 1st of 2017. (Can still see Paul at Shreveport wearing a Christmas Hat for some reason.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tradition.
EM has a tradition of missing time tables.
EM has repeated stated many production dates and not met them.
There is a lot of work to do between now and production and they operate on a small budget. Considering EM rate (speed) I believe it will be 2018.
EM's announcement of production dates does not mean a lot to me.
The one thing that does possibly indicates production will start in 2017, is the fact that Jeff Johnson has said 2017.
I believe as an engineer, he has been so dedicated to accuracy he has difficulty speaking a non-truth.
I have more confidence in him personally, than in EM corporation.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM has been invited to the NY Auto Show twice, and the LA Auto Show twice.

Will there come a day when these auto shows stop inviting EM because production never happens?

That would be slightly embarrassing for EM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom